• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weird phone bug

Jack House

So this is partially about the phone bug, but also some bragging, I must confess.

So my phone is being really weird, for whatever reason, the on screen keyboard won't display. It's there and it works, it's how I'm writing this post.

Now for the bragging part. Yes, I am writing this using an invisible keyboard. I kind of like it actually. I should try it while blind folded. Perfect my technique for use while driving. Just kidding.

Posted using my HTCEvo via Tapatalk

babarock

I've got the same phone and I'm impressed (keyboard or swype). Try pulling the battery for a few minutes and see if that clears it up else you may be looking at a reset :( Hope it's not rooted if you want support :eek: Good luck.

Jack House

Not rooted and while I slept the battery drained down and it died. I was fine with leaving it like that because it posed a challenge. It was fun while it lasted.

As far as resets go, I need to get a new phone anyway. The screen on this one finally cracked and I need to argue with Sprint till they follow through on their promise of replacing it for free.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Mine does that every once in awhile. It drives me crazy and it's usually when I actually have something important to say. The real question is how many times did you hit the invisible backspace key?

Jack House

Mine does that every once in awhile. It drives me crazy and it's usually when I actually have something important to say. The real question is how many times did you hit the invisible backspace key?
About as many times as I hit it when it's not invisible. ;)