Thread: Mike McHugh: "Delegate Cole Sells Out Gun Owners on Constitutional Carry"

Mike McHugh: "Delegate Cole Sells Out Gun Owners on Constitutional Carry"

This sounds harsh, but can anyone substantiate McHugh's claims?

Delegate Cole Sells Out Gun Owners on Constitutional Carry
    Delegate Mark Cole sponsored Constitutional Carry, a bill to let law abiding citizens carry a gun concealed without a permit.

Cole did it to keep others from sponsoring it so that his party boss could pocket veto it without a fight.

That’s right, Cole could have at least moved to discharge the bill to at least give us a recorded floor vote but he did NOTHING.

In 2004 Cole hid in the bathroom for his party boss Howell so that a tax increase could pass.

Cole’s reward was a chairmanship but he actually apologized for being such a coward. But of course it was too late.
    Hid in the bathroom? I thought Cole was a gun-rights champion, like Virgil Goode.

To: xxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com
    Subject: Re: HB 139
    Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 11:30:07 -0500

Dear Mr. M.

Thank you for contacting me with your support for HB 139. I agree with you about the legislation; I think it is a reasonable bill and would make Virginia safer. If I thought a motion to discharge the committee would work, I would do it. But in nearly 400 years of Virginia General Assembly history, I know of no discharge motion that has been successful. This one would not be successful either.

In fact, I think it might do more harm than good in the long run, as it would galvanize the opposition and might push some who are on the fence right now over to the other side. I am disappointed that the legislation will not move forward this session, but will continue to work to convince legislators that it is needed for the Commonwealth. I would ask you to help me in this effort by contacting your Delegate and Senator with your support for Constitutional Carry.

Again, thank you so much for your support of HB 139.

Mark L. Cole
    Delegate, 88th District
    Spotsylvania, Stafford, Fredericksburg, and Fauquier

This is what I received regarding HB 139.
    I can't anwser your questions.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Mike McHugh needs to develop better skills at determining who his friends and who his enemies are.

TFred

Cole did it to keep others from sponsoring it so that his party boss could pocket veto it without a fight.
    This is simply ridiculous.

There were half a dozen similar bills concerning Castle Doctrine and Civil Immunity, and there were exactly six IDENTICAL bills submitted this year concerning the disclosure of party affiliation on local ballots.

It is utter nonsense to say that Delegate Cole submitted a bill in order to prevent others from doing so.

When one begins with a premise that is utter nonsense, how can the reader regard any further claims any differently?

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Mike McHugh needs to develop better skills at determining who his friends and who his enemies are.

TFred
    I've heard a few refer to him as "Mad"Mike and have been told his personality is a bit toxic. I can't confirm or deny that claim.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent19 View Post
    I've heard a few refer to him as "Mad"Mike and have been told his personality is a bit toxic. I can't confirm or deny that claim.

Sigh....I may have to take back what I said in the Castle Doctrine thread.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent19 View Post
    Thumper's rule: "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all."

So that is exactly what I shall do.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Apparently there have been a few threads about Mike's org...
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ners-Coalition

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ht=Mike+McHugh

Apparently, the "mad" label has been with him for awhile.

~Alan Korwin

From one of the prior links, Mr. McHugh says this about himself:

"I was Ron Paul's National Ballot Access Coordinator."

Now, I have learned the hard way never to bash Ron Paul on OCDO, so I will not.

I will, however, quote from a Washington post article from a couple months ago:

The passage of H.R. 2121, in fall 2009, unfolded without drama. It allowed for the sale of a customhouse in Galveston, Tex. The House debate took two minutes, and the vote took eight seconds. The ayes had it.

But something historic was happening. On his 482nd try, Rep. Ron Paul (R-Tex.) had authored a bill that would become law.

[...]

Of the 620 measures that Paul has sponsored, just four have made it to a vote on the House floor. Only that one has been signed into law.
    Draw your own conclusions.

TFred