• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

S.W.A.T. stalks protesters outside Capitol

Repeater

Compare: well-behaved gun rights activists vs. Abortion activists

Gun rights activists are universally well-behaved, right? See how nice and well-mannered we all are, right?

Even when we are disappointed.

But, compare our behavior (and low numbers this Lobby Day) to what happened today:

31 arrested as hundreds protest abortion law at state Capitol
Capt. Raymond Goodloe of the Virginia Division of Capitol Police said 17 women and 14 men were arrested. He did not have a breakdown on charges but said those arrested were likely accused of either trespassing or unalawful assembly.

The arrests took place after some protesters, who had marched on downtown streets before entering Capitol Square, refused to leave the south steps of the Capitol. They were hauled off by officers and taken away in a bus parked nearby while other armed officers held protesters at bay with riot shields.

What happened was these defiant protesters exceeded their permit time limit.

Governor McDonnell, kill the bill!

photo3.jpg

photo.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo2.jpg

The whole world is watching?

WRVA claims a THOUSAND people showed up. More than VCDL people could muster. Wow.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
BTW, the fellow with the Balclava is committing a felony.

There's no exemption for sillya$$ed squareheads who've been watching too many GI Joe movies.

Agreed. Those judges who might see police included under the professional exemption would be overlooking the word protective in the exemption. A protective mask is not an identity-hiding mask. A goalie wears a protective mask. A welder wears a protective mask. Did we accept identity-hiding as a protective function, we would necessarily decriminalize masks for armed robbers, thus nullifying the law. Silly law anyway.

Last edited:

Repeater

Video

Not by Peter Nap, but by The Richmonder:

Peaceful protesters arrested on steps of the Capitol Thomas Jefferson built

Shocking use of force at the State Capitol!
The Capitol Police and Virginia State Police deployed massive forces against peaceful demonstrators protesting against the Republican War on Women today. Basically the entire Capitol Police force was there backed up by dozens of State Police, including a platoon of riot police in full riot gear and a half squad of SWAT openly carrying automatic weapons and teargas guns.

A group of about thirty or forty peaceful protesters on the stairs of the Capitol were cut off when the riot police shoved the rest of the demonstrators back. The cordoned off protesters were then arrested and dragged away. Riot police literally trampled on the Great Seal of Virginia's motto "Sic Semper Tyrannis" as they forced peaceful protesters off the plaza in front of the Capitol Thomas Jefferson designed as a temple to Democracy.

Wow, betcha you're glad you weren't there, huh?

PALO

Is there an exemption for asians who walk around Blacksburg wearing surgical masks?

As to the OP, where's PALO to argue how awesome it is to have SWAT running around pointing AR15s at protesters?

spare me your rubbish and your misstatements of my position

get a life

for those who care about reality (vs. marshaul's delusions) not only am i against the SWATification/overuse of SWAT, but i personally worked to advocate for change in my agency's SWAT policy.

--Edited by Moderator--
Personal attacks are NOT allowed.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Standing Army? Hello? What's this:

update-30-arrested-as-hundreds-protest-abortion-la

Well, of course not! You see those little ribbons of cloth embroidered with the word "police"? Those magically transform the helmets, armor, and automatic weapons into something else.

You see, the magic of the embroidered symbols is far more powerful than the presence of the actual gear and weapons.

Bwhahahahahahahahaha!!

I love the quaint camoflage on the third stooge's long arm stock.

And, what's with the red-dot sight on the first stooge's submachine gun? I don't see a stock on it, so eye-leveling that thing ought to be fun. Or, do those things have collapsible/folding stocks?

If they are any kind of police, they are secret police. See those masks? Now, in the other photos, the common garden variety cops are wearing more traditional cop uniforms with faces exposed. One does wonder if these paramilitary secret police knew they might do something wrong, something excessive, and wanted to keep their identities hidden.

ocholsteroc

Well, of course not! You see those little ribbons of cloth embroidered with the word "police"? Those magically transform the helmets, armor, and automatic weapons into something else.

You see, the magic of the embroidered symbols is far more powerful than the presence of the actual gear and weapons.

Bwhahahahahahahahaha!!

I love the quaint camoflage on the third stooge's long arm stock.

And, what's with the red-dot sight on the first stooge's submachine gun? I don't see a stock on it, so eye-leveling that thing ought to be fun. Or, do those things have collapsible/folding stocks?

If they are any kind of police, they are secret police. See those masks? Now, in the other photos, the common garden variety cops are wearing more traditional cop uniforms with faces exposed. One does wonder if these paramilitary secret police knew they might do something wrong, something excessive, and wanted to keep their identities hidden.

Looks to be an MP5/ I can see a stock? in the gun, its closed/pushed in.