Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get togethers in the Prince William area?

Get togethers in the Prince William area?

any one know of any open carry gatherings in the prince william area.?

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Not at the moment but I would be happy to help you put together. In which part of the county do you reside?
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

i live in dale city/ woodbridge area. near patomic mills mall if u ever heard of it.

Delete-double post
    Last edited by thebigsd; 03-01-2012 at 12:55 AM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I'm game also!

Mathew, welcome to OCDO!! Stick around and you will learn a lot!!!!

The best thing to do if you want a gathering is to pick a time and a place. Post it here in advance and people will show up. We have gatherings in the NOVA quite frequently so keep checking the forum as well.

Check out the Virginia Citizens Defense League. It is a great group dedicated to gun rights in VA. If you go to their website you can sign up for VA-ALERT (on the right side of the page) which is a free email system that will keep you informed about everything gun-related going on in the state. The website is http://www.vcdl.org
    Last edited by thebigsd; 03-01-2012 at 12:55 AM.

ty i appreciate it ill go check out the site. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mathew85 View Post
    i live in dale city/ woodbridge area. near patomic mills mall if u ever heard of it.
    Absolutely, I'm a native having been born and raised in the area. Do you prefer weekdays or weekends for lunch, or would you rather a dinner? Pick a location, Manassas would be pretty central for the county, and a time/venue, and I'd be happy to help you with it.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

ill have to see what i can do. might have to work some thing around with my job and stuff.

I'm flexible, so my schedule can bend to yours if necessary.

America First!

I'm in Manassas, too. My schedule isn't always very flexible, but I'd love to meet some local fellow Ocers.

There's a Bob Evans and Silver Diner in Woodbridge that are. That are very 2A friendly.

==========================================
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Looking for training by experienced staff?
    We are the largest all female only firearms group on the East Coast offering firearms training courses and services provided by our experienced and certified female instructors.
    http://www.shecanshoot.com/
    =============================
    NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
    Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
    PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

Quote Originally Posted by PaulX608 View Post
    I'm in Manassas, too. My schedule isn't always very flexible, but I'd love to meet some local fellow Ocers.
    Same here. Am in Woodbridge. Have Some Saturdays and Sundays open.

Quote Originally Posted by stickslinger View Post
    Same here. Am in Woodbridge. Have Some Saturdays and Sundays open.
    Heck, sounds like a PWC Open Carry Sticky starting to formulate.

There already is one but it has not been used for some time. I bet if you looked back a little on the Virginia forum, you'd find it.

Why don't we do a Saturday lunch in Manassas? The Foster's Grill in Old Town is very gun friendly and we've done lunches there several times. If y'all think this is a go, we can do it on a short notice if you would like. If we can get even a small group interested, I'll post it for others to see.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 03-01-2012 at 11:17 PM.

America First!

i live on birchdale ave in woodbridge, walkin distance from the bob evans and silver diner. if we could plan a get together far enough in advance i could get a weekend off from work but need at least a week or two advanced notice.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    There already is one but it has not been used for some time. I bet if you looked back a little on the Virginia forum, you'd find it.

Why don't we do a Saturday lunch in Manassas? The Foster's Grill in Old Town is very gun friendly and we've done lunches there several times. If y'all think this is a go, we can do it on a short notice if you would like. If we can get even a small group interested, I'll post it for others to see.
    Sounds like a good idea. I'm not available this Saturday but most Saturdays I can join in. I can also notify the other members of my group. A bunch if them live in Manassas and might come out.

We are the largest all female only firearms group on the East Coast offering firearms training courses and services provided by our experienced and certified female instructors.

Ok, how about this... I'm just going to throw something out and see what you folks would like.

What say we shoot for Saturday, March 10, at 11:30am at the Silver Diner in Woodbridge? Does that work for everyone?

America First!

The last thing we need is MORE damn stickys.... But, I may be up for a PWC meet if it's a weekend or evening.

Roscoe
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

hears a thought. not sure if any one has heard of cloverdale park, but its near my house. its free to get in an they have bbq areas.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Ok, how about this... I'm just going to throw something out and see what you folks would like.

What say we shoot for Saturday, March 10, at 11:30am at the Silver Diner in Woodbridge? Does that work for everyone?
    I'm in. Might want to start a new thread with the info in the subject line, though ...

I was just about to start a thread for a dinner at Glory Days, but will wait a few days and do the lunch first. And maybe wait until after March Madness to go to Glory Days -- can't hear yourself think if the place gets crowded with sports fans!

Unfortunately, the 10th won't work for me...prior commitment.

But I'm all for having more frequent PWC OC gatherings and will certainly try to attend 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    I'm in. Might want to start a new thread with the info in the subject line, though ...

I was just about to start a thread for a dinner at Glory Days, but will wait a few days and do the lunch first. And maybe wait until after March Madness to go to Glory Days -- can't hear yourself think if the place gets crowded with sports fans!
    Yeah, that's what I generally do. This thread was started by a new member who was asking about get togethers in PWC. I'll go ahead and start a thread.

America First!

I'm in. Looking forward to meeting more people.

I will do my best to make it there!! Not sure about work yet.

Ok friends, I started a thread on this forum beginning with "Woodbridge OC lunch.." so please respond on that thread and not here, if you don't mind. Lets see if we can pack some folks in there.

America First!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast