• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Get togethers in the Prince William area?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I'm game also!

Mathew, welcome to OCDO!! Stick around and you will learn a lot!!!!

The best thing to do if you want a gathering is to pick a time and a place. Post it here in advance and people will show up. We have gatherings in the NOVA quite frequently so keep checking the forum as well.

Check out the Virginia Citizens Defense League. It is a great group dedicated to gun rights in VA. If you go to their website you can sign up for VA-ALERT (on the right side of the page) which is a free email system that will keep you informed about everything gun-related going on in the state. The website is http://www.vcdl.org

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
i live in dale city/ woodbridge area. near patomic mills mall if u ever heard of it.

Absolutely, I'm a native having been born and raised in the area. Do you prefer weekdays or weekends for lunch, or would you rather a dinner? Pick a location, Manassas would be pretty central for the county, and a time/venue, and I'd be happy to help you with it.

Steeler-gal

There's a Bob Evans and Silver Diner in Woodbridge that are. That are very 2A friendly.

==========================================
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Looking for training by experienced staff?
We are the largest all female only firearms group on the East Coast offering firearms training courses and services provided by our experienced and certified female instructors.
http://www.shecanshoot.com/

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Heck, sounds like a PWC Open Carry Sticky starting to formulate.

:)

There already is one but it has not been used for some time. I bet if you looked back a little on the Virginia forum, you'd find it.

Why don't we do a Saturday lunch in Manassas? The Foster's Grill in Old Town is very gun friendly and we've done lunches there several times. If y'all think this is a go, we can do it on a short notice if you would like. If we can get even a small group interested, I'll post it for others to see.

Last edited:

mathew85

i live on birchdale ave in woodbridge, walkin distance from the bob evans and silver diner. if we could plan a get together far enough in advance i could get a weekend off from work but need at least a week or two advanced notice.

Steeler-gal

There already is one but it has not been used for some time. I bet if you looked back a little on the Virginia forum, you'd find it.

Why don't we do a Saturday lunch in Manassas? The Foster's Grill in Old Town is very gun friendly and we've done lunches there several times. If y'all think this is a go, we can do it on a short notice if you would like. If we can get even a small group interested, I'll post it for others to see.

Sounds like a good idea. I'm not available this Saturday but most Saturdays I can join in. I can also notify the other members of my group. A bunch if them live in Manassas and might come out.

==========================================
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Looking for training by experienced staff?
We are the largest all female only firearms group on the East Coast offering firearms training courses and services provided by our experienced and certified female instructors.
http://www.shecanshoot.com/

mathew85

hears a thought. not sure if any one has heard of cloverdale park, but its near my house. its free to get in an they have bbq areas.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Ok, how about this... I'm just going to throw something out and see what you folks would like.

What say we shoot for Saturday, March 10, at 11:30am at the Silver Diner in Woodbridge? Does that work for everyone?

I'm in. Might want to start a new thread with the info in the subject line, though ...

I was just about to start a thread for a dinner at Glory Days, but will wait a few days and do the lunch first. And maybe wait until after March Madness to go to Glory Days -- can't hear yourself think if the place gets crowded with sports fans!