• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Outing anyone?

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
We've HAD 2 "outings" in the last 2 years: You missed or last 2 annual get-togethers (December 2010 & 2011).

Well, I hope you can make our 3rd one (December 2012) if for some unlikely reason you can't get anything together before then.

Last edited:

MrGlock

outings

I thought there might have been one or two in there, but have been pretty busy since the last one. Maybe some of us can put one together before then.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
IIRC, there were 13 at our last annual event (most from Rio Rancho) so -- and as you know -- there ARE "OC people" there.

See if you can get a hold of OCDO member "Travis" here...I believe he set up a Facebook page soon after our Christmas 2011 event specifically for making such announcements...

IMO, there should be a monthly OC event set up -- "same Bat Time/same Bat Channel" (if I may borrow the phrase from the original TV show Batman, 1960s!) -- like maybe every 3rd Sunday of the month, 2:00pm-4:00pm (example) and whoever could make it makes it. But it'd be always the same day/time/place so everyone would know about it way ahead of time. And at the same place...a particular Village Inn or Starbucks.

I think a "standing time & place" works better as it is too hard to get a consensus otherwise...it's like herding cats. So a fixed time and place is less hassle, and people make it or not. I know if *I* lived in RR or ABQ, I'd be there every time, so at least there'd be ONE person showing up (but I'm not there yet).

Good luck...

Last edited: