• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A judge who should be in jail

MKEgal

And if anyone else had done this, they would be!

He drew a pistol in court & belittled a witness who was testifying.
I see a mistrial & new judge coming on...

A North Georgia judge is being investigated after pulling out a handgun in court to prove a point while a witness was testifying in a rape case,The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.
... Superior Court Judge David Barrett told the witness that she might as well shoot her lawyer because she was “killing her case.” He pretended to offer her his handgun before prosecutor Jeff Langley told the judge the move was inappropriate...

Last edited:

Steeler-gal

I can't understand how it is he hasn't been pulled from the bench and charged with something - brandishing at a minimum, right? If anyone else had pulled a gun they would've probably been shot and yet this man is gonna get away with it. Shameful

Sent using Tapatalk

Fallschirjmäger

According to O.C.G.A. § 16-11-102
Pointing or aiming gun or pistol at another
A person is guilty of a misdemeanor when he intentionally and without legal justification points or aims a gun or pistol at another, whether the gun or pistol is loaded or unloaded.

Offering a gun to another does not constitute brandishing. It's stupid beyond measure and entirely inappropriate, but not illegal.

Last edited: