• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Threats greater than anti-gunners

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrakeZ07

Now that I've gotten your attention. I know this is NOT OC related, and NOT 2A related, but I wanted to share a general concern, and to give my fellow Kentuckians a bit of an advanced warning in case you all are not up to date or keeping track of the situation.

Central, and Portions of Eastern Kentucky is expected to have a greater than average risk of damaging winds, and tornadoes from noon/12pm through 8-10pm today. The National Weather service predicts a strong and severe risk for a tornado outbreak through the better part of today for our state. The Weather Channel raised its TORCON (Tornado threat Condition) to 9/10 for Central, and portions of Eastern Kentucky. These storms are more of a threat to us, than anything man can throw at us, and I hope you all are preparing for a possible tornado, or other destructive storm element. Make sure you have first-aid, medical supplies, and flashlights on hand, and, if you live in a mobile home like myself, prepare to bug out and go to a safe location along a cliff line with protection from a south-west/west moving storm system. Despite what people say, you are safer and have a better chance at surviving, if you drive away from a predicted area, rather than staying in your mobile home.

I cannot stress enough the seriousness of this situation, as any of you can attest to by the local news. I have friends who reside along US460 in morgan county, and they never expected a tornado to come knocking on their door step, but it did on Wednesday, and thankfully their all safe, and escaped with minor home damage.

Weather sources are calling for strong, long lived tornadoes, and the conditions are favorable for quick, sudden touch downs from the ohio river, to the tenn. border, from Louisville, to Morehead.

Stay safe guys, and keep an eye on the weather; I don't want to see any of you all hurt from a storm.

<3

I just hope this isn't a false alarm like 90% of the tornado predictions that come out for Central and Eastern Kentucky, but, always be prepared, and never let your guard down.

*Mods, I know this isn't on topic for our state forum, but I ask it be kept in the Kentucky sub-forum, as it applies to us, and trying to give advanced warning. Thank you.*

Midwest

Thanks for the post. I live in Northern Kentucky near Cincinnati and we could get some of this nasty weather too. Even if we do not get tornadoes here. They are also predicting damaging hail, straight line winds that can do some real damage like a weak tornado can, and in addition high winds and the torrential rain could be expected.

Those who live in Northern KY as well as the rest of KY should take heed to these warnings. The local amateur radio weather warn spotter freq is 146.880 and our national weather radio is 162.550 from Covington KY and serving the Cincinnati area. www.warn.org

Have a plan, and portable radio and TV with extra batteries. Try out your portable generator now if you have one to test it. Check your chainsaw and blades if you have one if you need later to clear the trees out from the road. And lastly, stay safe everyone.

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

Well, I have family living down in Wellington, and Denniston down in Menifee Co; about to try and pry my way down there to help with first aid and recovery, I know Menifee has a P*ss poor EMS/recovery unit, and could use all the help they can get, since Morgan County is using Mutual assistance with Bath, and Rowan for their own troubles.

Light to moderate damage to my own home, nothing on the trailer itself, except my front porch doesn't have a roof anymore.

Hope you all survived with little to no loss or damage, and My prayers and wishes to those affected by the storms and tornados.

Status
Not open for further replies.