Thread: Idaho Sportsman Show

Idaho Sportsman Show

I was wondering if anyone was planning to head to the Idaho Sportsman Show at Expo Idaho (fairgrounds) in Garden City. I am probably going to go tonight with a friend. I am hopeful that the "security" people they pay to loiter around the gates have learned their lesson and don't hassle me like they did at the Fair.

Hassled at the Fair?

This was my experience: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ern-Idaho-Fair

What was yours?

I thought I had posted about it but I can't find it at the moment. Basically, I walked about 2 feet past the security guy open carrying my .45, when I hear the "excuse me, sir." I turned and asked what he wanted, and he said "you can't take a gun in there." I told him that I could, that it was public property and hence preempted under state statute, etc. He continued to deny me, so I told him to call his supervisor. He gets on the phone, and security guy #2 asks if I have a "permit for that." I told him that I didn't need one because I was open carrying. He then proceeded to tell me that I absolutely need a permit to carry a gun, and security gal chimed in that she agreed. I told them that they were wrong, and proceeded to stand and wait while security guy #1 talks to his supervisor. Meanwhile, security guy #2 tried to placate me with the typical "Hey man, I don't think there's anything wrong with guns..." which I ignored. Finally, security guy #1 hung up the phone and told me to go ahead. I gave the ticket-taker my ticket and walked in. Other than a couple of ignorant comments I overheard, I had no further problems, even walked by several groups of sheriff's deputies.

I thought the whole thing was strange because I knew that you and others had gone and had not had any problems. I was dressed respectably (jeans/button down t-shirt), so I don't know what the deal was.

Wow! That is strange. As I posted, the first sec guard looked directly at my 1911 and said "gun in holster, ok." I may borrow my, I mean, my son's 1911 back from him and go to the show also. Will post if I do.

Went to the show this evening...no door security and no problems whatsoever.

Hurray! I'm going to try to go this afternoon. Have lot of stuff to get done first so not sure I will get there.