Thread: Wood TV 8 News - Open carry legal in Michigan schools, bars, restaurants, stadiums...

Super Moderator

Wood TV 8 News - Open carry legal in Michigan schools, bars, restaurants, stadiums...

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local...n-voting-booth

SNIP

Phillip Hofmeister, the president of MichiganOpenCarry.org , said, "You can basically carry anywhere in Michigan as long as you have a CPL. That includes bars, restaurants sports stadiums churches, the whole works."

Reading some peoples comments.... Makes me sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

TAX the RICH

I hear you BUT ALAS it shall never happen , the only thing to happen is the poor will just keep getting poorer

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs up

Good job Q.

I can hear the MGO CC trolls now "you're gonna get our guns taken away! Why can't you just break the law and conceal in schools like we do?"
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 03-02-2012 at 10:06 PM.
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Other than the couple obviously idiotic responses there, it seemed rather supportive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker6900 View Post
    Other than the couple obviously idiotic responses there, it seemed rather supportive.
    It was the fairest article/story about OC I've seen come out of the media -- from my memory.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

It will certainly be interesting to see where this goes in the future.

Lightbulb

The problem with these news snippets,even with correct facts,is that the average citizen cannot come to a full understanding of their Right to Bear for self defense of themselves and their fellow law abiding citizens,with all of the leftist propaganda that floods the media daily!My hope is that we can get an indepth discussion before the citizens,hopefully in the media,that will be presented truthfully and comprehensively!When the citizens are given the Truth with Facts ,they always come to a common sense understanding,which is as simple as common sense always is! CARRY ON!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Having been robbed at gunpoint I cannot see where the logic of the lawful citizen being disarmed protects Me. It is more logical for Me and other lawful citizens to be armed not just to resist evil but to prevent it by means of open carry. Criminals do not like armed citizens as this interferes with them committing evil acts.