• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Orphan and I apparently made the news....

Thor80

Have the two of you contacted the news station to help give an appropriate response and educate the viewers?

Trouble Makers:lol:

We just found out a few minutes ago..... I have to finish my errands today. Looks like we got some support on the Facebook replies from the site. Ironically we were standing right next to the entrance...

Last edited:

DEROS72

Attachments

• Jim and Nick at Gingrich rally..jpg
    Jim and Nick at Gingrich rally..jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

Thor80

Check the OC board Nick and I open carried and shook hands with Newt Gingrich with no problems.http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?100288-Newt-and-OC I find it interesting How everyone touts Ron Paul and open carriers get thrown out.

It was not a Ron Paul desicion, we were asked to leave by employees/contractors of the Spokane Public Facilities District. I dont want to speak too much to this issue as Orphan and I have to decide what actions to take and NOTHING on the internet is ever deleted.... Dwordinger/Fetch were also there and I'm not sure of the outcome of their experiences....

-Thor

Last edited:

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
Perhaps you didn't notice that the gun policy was the venue's, not the candidate's. Ron Paul has a perfect record for 2A (and other civil liberties). No other candidate comes close for supporting individual liberty. And he has a long, consistent voting record to prove it.

DEROS72

Perhaps you didn't notice that the gun policy was the venue's, not the candidate's. Ron Paul has a perfect record for 2A (and other civil liberties). No other candidate comes close for supporting individual liberty. And he has a long, consistent voting record to prove it.

Then his people should not have asked to schedule at an anti gun venue,makes me wonder.

Thor80

The Venue was not Anti-Gun, it was a PUBLIC venue run by a "municipality" that was NOT allowed to ask us to leave....

-Thor

SpyderTattoo

Is the property privately owned or is it public? I would have asked them, and if they said public, I would have just walked in. From that pic, it didn't look like anyone could have stopped you from just walking past that guy and into the room.

Jeff Hayes

Is the property privately owned or is it public? I would have asked them, and if they said public, I would have just walked in. From that pic, it didn't look like anyone could have stopped you from just walking past that guy and into the room.

We were in the meeting room, the picture did not show the 6 or 8 people that were surrounding us right after this was taken.

BobR

There is a possibility that you can put a bug in hiz honor the mayor's ear tomorrow night. Maybe he will continue cleaning house.

bob

Jeff Hayes

I will contact Johnna Boxley the General Manager of the Spokane Convention Center on Monday to set up a meeting to discuss this.

They had signs up on the doors that said no guns allowed and cited SMC 10.10.050 Municipal Public Assembly Facilities that clearly says no guns. clearly this law is is null and void because it is preempted by RCW 9.41.290.

RCW 9.41.300 clearly states that persons with CPLs are exempt and I attempted to show my CPL several times but no one even looked at it. The security guy kept saying if you have a permit you need to cover it up.

The security people kept going back to that and the fact that Ron Paul had rented the space. I asked to see the contract and get a copy but they refused saying it was a private contract and they would not let me have it. I will do a FOIA on Monday to get a copy. Dave also knows someone with Ron Paul that may share with us.

There is a board meeting for the Spokane Public Facilities District on the 13th of March at 12:30 PM at the Spokane Arena Board room at 720 W Mallon. I am goinjg to attend a speak during the public comments section they will give you 3 minutes to make you comment.

What all this boils down to is Spokane needs to change their laws and get in line with state law.

Mine and Thor's state and federal constitutional rights were violated yesterday and we were trespassed unlawfully, I am not happy about this.

This is also the first time I have been hassled in 3 years of OC. I learned a lot and could have done a bit better than I did. Thor was right there and never faltered. Thor may have more comments.

Comments Please

Also I would have pushed this a lot further but I had to be elsewhere in about 2 hours and I could not afford to be detained, bad timing.

Johnna Boxley's contact info if anyone else would like to drop her a line.

Johnna Boxley CFE
General Manager
Spokane Convention Center
PH 509-279-7003
Cell 509-991-7956
jboxley@spokanepdf.org

Last edited: