Thread: ISO Public range in Pittsburgh

ISO Public range in Pittsburgh

Does anyone know of any public ranges for pistols (at least) in Pittsburgh?
    Really interested to know if there are any near Murrysville area.
    When I Google I keep finding private clubs.

==========================================
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Looking for training by experienced staff?
    We are the largest all female only firearms group on the East Coast offering firearms training courses and services provided by our experienced and certified female instructors.
    http://www.shecanshoot.com/
    =============================
    NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
    Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
    PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

There's Anthony Arms in West Mifflin, but the guys who work there are really rude and the range fees are insanely high.
    I went to Anthony Arms once and that was the last time. I dont care if I have to drive 30 miles to go to another gun shop.

Im new to Pittsburgh and I really dont know of anywhere else that's public.
    Last edited by Sig229; 03-02-2012 at 09:17 PM.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Maybe something here - Pennsylvania Game Commission's 29 public shooting ranges.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11205/1162365-140.stm
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Maybe something here - Pennsylvania Game Commission's 29 public shooting ranges.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11205/1162365-140.stm
    Thanks! So bizarre that we need a range permit in addition to my CHP permit. I wanted to take my mom shooting the next time I'm in town. Do you think I have to get one for her too? (although I think I already know the answer)

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-gal View Post
    Thanks! So bizarre that we need a range permit in addition to my CHP permit.

It is bizarre but typical in Pennsylvania. It seems like they try and squeeze every dollar they can out of people.
    Another example is recently in Pittsburgh they made the parking meters 25 cents for only 5 minutes of parking time. Instead of the normal 30 minutes for one quarter.

So in order to park somewhere and actually get something done, you would need 3-4 dollars worth of quarters in your damn pocket. And who the hell walks around with 12 to 16 quarters in their pocket?

Im still kinda new to Pittsburgh, but the longer I live here the more frustrated I get at the rampant stupidity.
    Last edited by Sig229; 03-03-2012 at 06:39 PM.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    It is bizarre but typical in Pennsylvania. It seems like they try and squeeze every dollar they can out of people.
    Another example is recently in Pittsburgh they made the parking meters 25 cents for only 5 minutes of parking time. Instead of the normal 30 minutes for one quarter.

So in order to park somewhere and actually get something done, you would need 3-4 dollars worth of quarters in your damn pocket. And who the hell walks around with 12 to 16 quarters in their pocket?

Im still kinda new to Pittsburgh, but the longer I live here the more frustrated I get at the rampant stupidity.
    Ha ha. I live near DC now and most of our meters are like that. At least now though they've upgraded to using electronic machines that you can use you credit/debit card.

==========================================
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Looking for training by experienced staff?
    We are the largest all female only firearms group on the East Coast offering firearms training courses and services provided by our experienced and certified female instructors.
    http://www.shecanshoot.com/