Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Belts

Gun Belts

What does everyone wear to hold up their holsters? I just received my Crossbreed casual belt and I have to say I'm in love. For $68 I'd say it's money well spent. It's plenty thick, and my full size 1911 with a full mag in my SERPA feels rock solid. I was just curious as to what everyone else uses and how the Crossbreed stacks up to the competition...

I use a Crossbreed belt.

Campaign Veteran
    I use a Comp-Tac belt (for OCing my big & heavy Colt 1911 Government). It's VERY stiff!

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=43
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 03-02-2012 at 10:10 PM.

I make my own. 8oz.-10oz. bullhide, with brass hardware. Dye em to match the different holsters I make, etc. @ maybe 1/4th that price lol

Mine is from The Belt Man - www.thebeltman.net - love it! Pax...m
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Mine is from The Belt Man - www.thebeltman.net - love it! Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

got one from the belt man. I also have the instructor belt from 5.11- it is decent- not as nice as the operator belt that comes with an internal stiffener, but it is 1.5 inch so it works with my holsters, the operator is 1.75.

I just ordered one of their casual leather belts for 39 from optics planet. It also has a stiffener built in between the layers of leather. I haven't been able to really see it up close, though I doubt any will equal my beltman belt.

I bough mine from www.bullhidebelts.com I have had it a ear now and it still looks new and is still as rock solid as the day it arrived. Made form a thick single piece of bullhide leather. Very stiff and carries my full size 1911 and magazines very well. Pretty affordable and fast turnaround and customer service.

GONZO!!!

I have a paddle holster so no belt is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by hogeater f6 View Post
    +1 likewise. I bought a nice leather Dickie's belt from walmart and haven't worn it out yet...

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by J_Oliver; 03-15-2012 at 09:28 AM.
    "I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six..."

[ Kyd: "I think I'm gonna have "13 1/2" tattooed on my shoulder..."

Me: "Why the hell would you do that?"

Kyd: "Thats one judge, 12 jurors, and a half a chance I'm gonna get off..." ]

Quote Originally Posted by hogeater f6 View Post

Not so. I have a paddle holster as well, and while you can wear it without a belt, you are missing out on a vital component of a good shooting rig. I will ALWAYS go with a stiff belt specifically made as a platform for carry- concealed or open. You would be amazed at what a difference a proper gun belt can make.

I liked what I saw so, I just ordered a belt from bullhidebelts.com

I already have a leather belt (1 3/4" width) that supports my rig just fine it's just that I got the wrong size belt (too short) so it is a real pain to buckle when it's weighed down with two loaded full sized guns, dual mag pouch and cell phone. I wear it as a duty belt, and overlay atop my regular belt. I like this way better because I am not constrained by the spacing of my belt loops of whatever trousers I happen to be wearing nor do I have to worry about my belt loops popping because it cannot hold the weight, and arming and disarming can be done in a few seconds as opposed to the old way where I had to thread the mag pouch and each holster through the belt and trouser loops.
    Last edited by cmdr_iceman71; 03-13-2012 at 07:34 AM.
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." - President George Washington

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." - Thomas Paine

I know I'll draw heat for saying it, but I'm old school. I use a Pistol Belt like what Soldiers used. Good way to quickly remove and hang up the whole rig if needed. Pretty sturdy as well! I can still carry my Gun, extra ammo, and Cell Phone! and the belt only cost about $10.
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." George Patton

I use Galco SB3 Dress Belts, one each in black & havana brown. They're versatile enough to go with anything from jeans to suits. After about 18 months of almost daily use they have softened up a tad, but they're still plenty sturdy.

Banned
    I use old underwear that's stretched out (for the outside of my pants) you wait, it will be the next fashion craze...

Amish Belt from Hank's

http://www.hanksclothing.com/amish_belts_black_buy.html

A fraction of the price charged compared to officially labeled "gun belts" and rock solid construction. It's an inch and a half wide, like the site says, but it's also just a shade over an eighth of an inch thick, so you'd be hard pressed to make the thing bend, much less fold over on itself. No stitching either to wear out. The belt is one thick hunk of leather. If this one EVER wears out, I'll definitely be buying another one.
    Last edited by Polynikes; 03-06-2012 at 03:31 PM.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it." - Judge Learned Hand

Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

I use an uncle mikes reinforced instructors belt

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Phil View Post
    What does everyone wear to hold up their holsters? I just received my Crossbreed casual belt and I have to say I'm in love. For $68 I'd say it's money well spent. It's plenty thick, and my full size 1911 with a full mag in my SERPA feels rock solid. I was just curious as to what everyone else uses and how the Crossbreed stacks up to the competition...
    http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/...tors_belt.html these are excellent and fit my jeans perfectly
    "There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

- General George S. Patton, Jr.

About 3 years with my Wilderness Tactical Belt .. just now starting to break in ..

http://www.thewilderness.com/storepi...309&parent=142

Anyone have a source for making belts? I used to do some leather work when I was younger.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JB248 View Post
    Anyone have a source for making belts? I used to do some leather work when I was younger.

thanks
    http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/e...home/home.aspx

Everything you need to make a belt and more...
    Last edited by thebigsd; 03-13-2012 at 04:49 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by Polynikes View Post
    Amish Belt from Hank's

http://www.hanksclothing.com/amish_belts_black_buy.html

A fraction of the price charged compared to officially labeled "gun belts" and rock solid construction. It's an inch and a half wide, like the site says, but it's also just a shade over an eighth of an inch thick, so you'd be hard pressed to make the thing bend, much less fold over on itself. No stitching either to wear out. The belt is one thick hunk of leather. If this one EVER wears out, I'll definitely be buying another one.

+1 on the Amish Belt. Mine is solid, and looks good with jeans particularly.

I have a steel-insert dress belt from Tucker Gunleather. Had it for 5 years now. Still running strong, although I've had to condition it from time to time to keep the cordovan from looking worn. I notice they don't sell cordovan belts anymore either...

You may not "need" a good belt with a paddle holster, but then you don't "need" to be comfortable, either.

I have (and adore) a nice belt from Looper Law Enforcement. Very sturdy, yet comfortable.

::EDIT:: - Forgot to mention, I looked at TheBeltMan, but found Looper was very comparable and half the price. There is a discussion about this already somewhere on the forum and I linked to another great discussion there on another forum.

--
    Peace. ~G
    Last edited by GuidoZ; 03-14-2012 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Added stuff 'n things
    Carry weapon: SA XDm .40 SC + 11rd Ranger SXT 180gr

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast