Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Belts

Mine's a BladeTech. Works great for me. =]
    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Psalms 23:4

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

“It’s always open season on criminals in Mason County, and there’s no bag limit.” Sen. Tim Sheldon (D)

Molōn labe!

I really enjoy the galco cop series it feels awesome with the galco combat holster and supports my serpa real well to, it stay's nice and tight to the body.

I use a Raine Inc belt. It's my third year with it. 23 bucks, (25 now) and still as good as the day I bought it. And they're made in the USA.

https://www.militaryuniformsupply.co...time-guarantee
    Think Free or Serve. Live Free or Die.

Quote Originally Posted by GONZO!!! View Post
    I bough mine from www.bullhidebelts.com I have had it a ear now and it still looks new and is still as rock solid as the day it arrived. Made form a thick single piece of bullhide leather. Very stiff and carries my full size 1911 and magazines very well. Pretty affordable and fast turnaround and customer service.

GONZO!!!
    Glad to see that someone has good things to say about these guys. I just purchased a belt from them...I actually went the horsehide route though. It was a pretty penny, but every review I have read said it was the cats pajamas. Plus, the styling was nice, which is a plus.

Should be here in a couple of days.

I use a tool belt from Lowe's hardware, I lined it with cowhide used for chaps secured by bone glue and sinew thread. Cost under $30

stop by your local army surplus store and grab a nylon belt - about 2 inches.. maybe 2.5 inches wide and the things take a beating.. 16.00 i think I paid.. no damage to the belt at all over the years still.. love this one!

i ordered a beltman like 8 weeks ago. two layers of bull hide and plastic stiffener in the middle 100$...

can't tell you crap about it though, still waiting for it! i chose them because every forum that came up when i googled gun belts was worshipping the beltman
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    i ordered a beltman like 8 weeks ago. two layers of bull hide and plastic stiffener in the middle 100$...

can't tell you crap about it though, still waiting for it! i chose them because every forum that came up when i googled gun belts was worshipping the beltman
    8 weeks ago!! I would be getting a tad bit irritated, but that is me. Check with your local tack shop, or shoe shop I am sure they will easily take your money and give you what you want in less than 8 weeks. I hope you paid with a charge card. Really sewing a belt is not that hard, and two layers of heavy leather really does not need a stiffener, though bone glue will stiffen it.

Activist Member
    I been tempted to buy a "bullhide belt" for a while, I am waiting though. Next belt I buy I want to make sure its a good quality belt like these guys, but also be very good for carrying a holstered pistol.
    Last edited by DWCook; 06-30-2012 at 05:28 PM.
    Nothing better than a Glock.........except maybe another Glock!

Quote Originally Posted by DWCook View Post
    I been tempted to buy a "bullhide belt" for a while, I am waiting though. Next belt I buy I want to make sure its a good quality belt like these guys, but also be very good for carrying a holstered pistol.
    You should have no problem finding a tack shop in Kansas. Just tell the leather smith what you want, most shoe repair shops will do the same thing for you. If you are handy you can buy two belts of the same thickness, glue and sew them for probably under $50. You can use contact cement if you do not want to mess with heating up bone glue, or even tightbond.

I'm using a riggers belt and like it. The one I'm using is the Spec Ops brand, it's a bit pricey at $36 but it's a lot better than the last two belts I tried (web belt and a regular military nylon belt; though I guess that's not that pricey compared to various leather belts out there). Being able to loop it around the metal bar and then the massive strip of velcro means its easy to adjust and it stays at wherever you put it. And it seems to be a bit more heavy duty than a regular nylon belt, which makes sense given that the belt has a spot where actual warfighters could clip onto a helo line and thus the belt needs to be strong enough to lift someone off the ground. No I don't plan on using that feature, it's just something that all the belts come with.

Oh and web belts suck and I have no desire to ever use one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Phil View Post
    What does everyone wear to hold up their holsters? I just received my Crossbreed casual belt and I have to say I'm in love. For $68 I'd say it's money well spent. It's plenty thick, and my full size 1911 with a full mag in my SERPA feels rock solid. I was just curious as to what everyone else uses and how the Crossbreed stacks up to the competition...
    I use a heavy 1 1/2 leather belt from American Eagle......$15.00. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    I'm using a riggers belt and like it. The one I'm using is the Spec Ops brand, it's a bit pricey at $36 but it's a lot better than the last two belts I tried (web belt and a regular military nylon belt; though I guess that's not that pricey compared to various leather belts out there). Being able to loop it around the metal bar and then the massive strip of velcro means its easy to adjust and it stays at wherever you put it. And it seems to be a bit more heavy duty than a regular nylon belt, which makes sense given that the belt has a spot where actual warfighters could clip onto a helo line and thus the belt needs to be strong enough to lift someone off the ground. No I don't plan on using that feature, it's just something that all the belts come with.

Oh and web belts suck and I have no desire to ever use one again.
    Checked this one out......it looks huge. Does it actually fit through belt loops or do you wear it over another belt?

Quote Originally Posted by Steinmetzify View Post
    Checked this one out......it looks huge. Does it actually fit through belt loops or do you wear it over another belt?
    Riggers belts are usually worn in place of a BDU belt, I believe they usually are 1.75 in width. Depending on size of belt loops they could be worn inside or outside loops.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 07-07-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Appreciated, thanks!

Wow, not a single person mentioned the Ares Gear Ranger Belt? Yes, its expensive, but well worth it. I carry a full size, double stack 1911, and it feels like it isnt there due to the extreme stiffness of the belt. You can hold it by the buckle and it will stay horizontal...makes a great melee weapon if you run out of ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Riggers belts are usually worn in place of a BDU belt, I believe they usually are 1.75 in width. Depending on size of belt loops they could be worn inside or outside loops.
    This (except that no one wears BDUs anymore, its all A2CU, ABU, OCP, ACU, etc). Currently I mainly wear it over a 1pc flight suit that has no belt loops. I do know that the riggers belt also fits in normal military belt loops, but I don't have any actual pants/jeans to try it out on currently, so I can't answer if it would fit regular pants (though I don't see why not, but it would prob be a bit snug). Got it because I didn't want to use a shoulder holster and the web belt and even the normal ABU belt weren't that great for my thigh holster (it pulls down and there's no belt loops to help keep the belt up). The web belt was the worst because of how difficult it is to adjust that you end up not getting the best of fit, which makes it have too much slack, and that makes part of the top of the belt lean out and that in turn causes the lower part to lean and and cut into your hip after awhile. When I have a uniform on that has belt loops the riggers belt is even better because of how the belt loops help distribute the weight, but it doesn't need a belt to be nice.

Mine's an old Soviet Army 2" brown leather belt with the brass buckle complete with Hammer and Sickle.

Grabbed one for my Dad too and I'll bet he loves it. We both served in SAC at one time for a brief period so we have a special affinity for things like that.
    “Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.” ― Plato

Plato knew this yet today's antis still don't get it!

Join the fight for freedom
    Oathkeepers

Aker B21

I've been wearing Aker B21s for probably 25 years or more. There's a plastic insert in the body of the belt that keeps it stiff enough to easily support the heaviest handgun without adding bulk or weight to the belt itself.

I got my last Aker B21s from Cops Plus.

O2
    When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
    They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
    Zero failures comes at infinite cost.

I have been useing a Uncle Mike's Reinforced Instructor's Belt and love it.. http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/...tors_belt.html

Ended up with the Amish belt from Hanks Clothing. This thing is great. I use it with a Theis IWB and an XDsc for CC and a Serpa CQC with my XDm 4.5 and it's rock solid.
    Thanks for the suggestion; total cost was under $35 and they had it to me 2 days after I ordered.
    I'd definitely buy another one, but I don't think I'll need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Steinmetzify View Post
    Ended up with the Amish belt from Hanks Clothing. This thing is great. I use it with a Theis IWB and an XDsc for CC and a Serpa CQC with my XDm 4.5 and it's rock solid.
    Thanks for the suggestion; total cost was under $35 and they had it to me 2 days after I ordered.
    I'd definitely buy another one, but I don't think I'll need to.
    Which one did you get? I just ordered the 2" Super Duty belt.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	belt.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	9098

Whatcha packin' ?

www.agcustomgunleather.com is comparable to www.thebeltman.com whom I hold in the highest regard.

Less belt may be "adequate" for the needs of some, perhaps more comfortable depending on your profile and how much weight is being carried, certainly cheaper, but neither nylon nor single layer leather will equal the above in support.

I bought myself a buffalo billfolds and belts leather belt. 1.5 inches wide and it was only 24 dollars. It's holding up very well so far.

I have a custom made belt from years ago that's starting to soften up. I don't like how it droops down from the pants, like so:

Will a wider belt prevent that? I wouldn't mind a couple clips like some IWB holsters have to clip the belt to the pants.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast