• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Belts

FlyBoy276

Wow, not a single person mentioned the Ares Gear Ranger Belt? Yes, its expensive, but well worth it. I carry a full size, double stack 1911, and it feels like it isnt there due to the extreme stiffness of the belt. You can hold it by the buckle and it will stay horizontal...makes a great melee weapon if you run out of ammo. ;)

Aknazer

Riggers belts are usually worn in place of a BDU belt, I believe they usually are 1.75 in width. Depending on size of belt loops they could be worn inside or outside loops.

This (except that no one wears BDUs anymore, its all A2CU, ABU, OCP, ACU, etc). Currently I mainly wear it over a 1pc flight suit that has no belt loops. I do know that the riggers belt also fits in normal military belt loops, but I don't have any actual pants/jeans to try it out on currently, so I can't answer if it would fit regular pants (though I don't see why not, but it would prob be a bit snug). Got it because I didn't want to use a shoulder holster and the web belt and even the normal ABU belt weren't that great for my thigh holster (it pulls down and there's no belt loops to help keep the belt up). The web belt was the worst because of how difficult it is to adjust that you end up not getting the best of fit, which makes it have too much slack, and that makes part of the top of the belt lean out and that in turn causes the lower part to lean and and cut into your hip after awhile. When I have a uniform on that has belt loops the riggers belt is even better because of how the belt loops help distribute the weight, but it doesn't need a belt to be nice.

Maine Expat

Mine's an old Soviet Army 2" brown leather belt with the brass buckle complete with Hammer and Sickle. :banana:

Grabbed one for my Dad too and I'll bet he loves it. We both served in SAC at one time for a brief period so we have a special affinity for things like that.

O2HeN2

Aker B21

I've been wearing Aker B21s for probably 25 years or more. There's a plastic insert in the body of the belt that keeps it stiff enough to easily support the heaviest handgun without adding bulk or weight to the belt itself.

I got my last Aker B21s from Cops Plus.

O2

Steinmetzify

Ended up with the Amish belt from Hanks Clothing. This thing is great. I use it with a Theis IWB and an XDsc for CC and a Serpa CQC with my XDm 4.5 and it's rock solid.
Thanks for the suggestion; total cost was under $35 and they had it to me 2 days after I ordered.
I'd definitely buy another one, but I don't think I'll need to. :)

JohnMoses

Ended up with the Amish belt from Hanks Clothing. This thing is great. I use it with a Theis IWB and an XDsc for CC and a Serpa CQC with my XDm 4.5 and it's rock solid.
Thanks for the suggestion; total cost was under $35 and they had it to me 2 days after I ordered.
I'd definitely buy another one, but I don't think I'll need to. :)

Which one did you get? I just ordered the 2" Super Duty belt.
belt.jpg

Gray Rider

Whatcha packin' ?

www.agcustomgunleather.com is comparable to www.thebeltman.com whom I hold in the highest regard.

Less belt may be "adequate" for the needs of some, perhaps more comfortable depending on your profile and how much weight is being carried, certainly cheaper, but neither nylon nor single layer leather will equal the above in support.

James F.

I bought myself a buffalo billfolds and belts leather belt. 1.5 inches wide and it was only 24 dollars. It's holding up very well so far.

Yard Sale

I have a custom made belt from years ago that's starting to soften up. I don't like how it droops down from the pants, like so:

G17%20holstered-L.jpg

Will a wider belt prevent that? I wouldn't mind a couple clips like some IWB holsters have to clip the belt to the pants.

tyc

... I was just curious as to what everyone else uses and how the Crossbreed stacks up to the competition...

Don't have a "Crossbreed" so I can't speak with competence abut them but I do have a "Triple K" rig for my single action, six, Remington. The "Triple K" is well worth having a look at. They're on the web. Search for Holsters, Triple K. They're in San Diego CA.

tyc

Maverick Lee

Opt-Out Members
Double stitch, double prong/eyelet holes. Heavy Duty.......$8 W/free shipping on ebay.

Attachments

• Holster 2.jpg
    Holster 2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 123