• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Belts

Q-Tip

Amish Belt from Hank's

http://www.hanksclothing.com/amish_belts_black_buy.html

A fraction of the price charged compared to officially labeled "gun belts" and rock solid construction. It's an inch and a half wide, like the site says, but it's also just a shade over an eighth of an inch thick, so you'd be hard pressed to make the thing bend, much less fold over on itself. No stitching either to wear out. The belt is one thick hunk of leather. If this one EVER wears out, I'll definitely be buying another one.

+1 on the Amish Belt. Mine is solid, and looks good with jeans particularly.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I have a steel-insert dress belt from Tucker Gunleather. Had it for 5 years now. Still running strong, although I've had to condition it from time to time to keep the cordovan from looking worn. I notice they don't sell cordovan belts anymore either...

You may not "need" a good belt with a paddle holster, but then you don't "need" to be comfortable, either. :p

GuidoZ

I have (and adore) a nice belt from Looper Law Enforcement. Very sturdy, yet comfortable.

::EDIT:: - Forgot to mention, I looked at TheBeltMan, but found Looper was very comparable and half the price. There is a discussion about this already somewhere on the forum and I linked to another great discussion there on another forum.

--
Peace. ~G

Last edited:

Goingdef

I really enjoy the galco cop series it feels awesome with the galco combat holster and supports my serpa real well to, it stay's nice and tight to the body.

oneunder

I bough mine from www.bullhidebelts.com I have had it a ear now and it still looks new and is still as rock solid as the day it arrived. Made form a thick single piece of bullhide leather. Very stiff and carries my full size 1911 and magazines very well. Pretty affordable and fast turnaround and customer service.

GONZO!!!

Glad to see that someone has good things to say about these guys. I just purchased a belt from them...I actually went the horsehide route though. It was a pretty penny, but every review I have read said it was the cats pajamas. Plus, the styling was nice, which is a plus.

Should be here in a couple of days.

WalkingWolf

I use a tool belt from Lowe's hardware, I lined it with cowhide used for chaps secured by bone glue and sinew thread. Cost under $30

kywildcat581

stop by your local army surplus store and grab a nylon belt - about 2 inches.. maybe 2.5 inches wide and the things take a beating.. 16.00 i think I paid.. no damage to the belt at all over the years still.. love this one!

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
i ordered a beltman like 8 weeks ago. two layers of bull hide and plastic stiffener in the middle 100$...

can't tell you crap about it though, still waiting for it! i chose them because every forum that came up when i googled gun belts was worshipping the beltman

WalkingWolf

i ordered a beltman like 8 weeks ago. two layers of bull hide and plastic stiffener in the middle 100$...

can't tell you crap about it though, still waiting for it! i chose them because every forum that came up when i googled gun belts was worshipping the beltman

8 weeks ago!! I would be getting a tad bit irritated, but that is me. Check with your local tack shop, or shoe shop I am sure they will easily take your money and give you what you want in less than 8 weeks. I hope you paid with a charge card. Really sewing a belt is not that hard, and two layers of heavy leather really does not need a stiffener, though bone glue will stiffen it.

DWCook

Activist Member
I been tempted to buy a "bullhide belt" for a while, I am waiting though. Next belt I buy I want to make sure its a good quality belt like these guys, but also be very good for carrying a holstered pistol.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I been tempted to buy a "bullhide belt" for a while, I am waiting though. Next belt I buy I want to make sure its a good quality belt like these guys, but also be very good for carrying a holstered pistol.

You should have no problem finding a tack shop in Kansas. Just tell the leather smith what you want, most shoe repair shops will do the same thing for you. If you are handy you can buy two belts of the same thickness, glue and sew them for probably under $50. You can use contact cement if you do not want to mess with heating up bone glue, or even tightbond.

Aknazer

I'm using a riggers belt and like it. The one I'm using is the Spec Ops brand, it's a bit pricey at $36 but it's a lot better than the last two belts I tried (web belt and a regular military nylon belt; though I guess that's not that pricey compared to various leather belts out there). Being able to loop it around the metal bar and then the massive strip of velcro means its easy to adjust and it stays at wherever you put it. And it seems to be a bit more heavy duty than a regular nylon belt, which makes sense given that the belt has a spot where actual warfighters could clip onto a helo line and thus the belt needs to be strong enough to lift someone off the ground. No I don't plan on using that feature, it's just something that all the belts come with.

Oh and web belts suck and I have no desire to ever use one again.

P95

What does everyone wear to hold up their holsters? I just received my Crossbreed casual belt and I have to say I'm in love. For $68 I'd say it's money well spent. It's plenty thick, and my full size 1911 with a full mag in my SERPA feels rock solid. I was just curious as to what everyone else uses and how the Crossbreed stacks up to the competition...
I use a heavy 1 1/2 leather belt from American Eagle......$15.00. Love it.

Steinmetzify

I'm using a riggers belt and like it. The one I'm using is the Spec Ops brand, it's a bit pricey at $36 but it's a lot better than the last two belts I tried (web belt and a regular military nylon belt; though I guess that's not that pricey compared to various leather belts out there). Being able to loop it around the metal bar and then the massive strip of velcro means its easy to adjust and it stays at wherever you put it. And it seems to be a bit more heavy duty than a regular nylon belt, which makes sense given that the belt has a spot where actual warfighters could clip onto a helo line and thus the belt needs to be strong enough to lift someone off the ground. No I don't plan on using that feature, it's just something that all the belts come with.

Oh and web belts suck and I have no desire to ever use one again.

Checked this one out......it looks huge. Does it actually fit through belt loops or do you wear it over another belt?

WalkingWolf

Checked this one out......it looks huge. Does it actually fit through belt loops or do you wear it over another belt?

Riggers belts are usually worn in place of a BDU belt, I believe they usually are 1.75 in width. Depending on size of belt loops they could be worn inside or outside loops.

Last edited: