• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Belts

Dr Phil

What does everyone wear to hold up their holsters? I just received my Crossbreed casual belt and I have to say I'm in love. For $68 I'd say it's money well spent. It's plenty thick, and my full size 1911 with a full mag in my SERPA feels rock solid. I was just curious as to what everyone else uses and how the Crossbreed stacks up to the competition...

j4l

I make my own. 8oz.-10oz. bullhide, with brass hardware. Dye em to match the different holsters I make, etc. @ maybe 1/4th that price lol

Dahwg

got one from the belt man. I also have the instructor belt from 5.11- it is decent- not as nice as the operator belt that comes with an internal stiffener, but it is 1.5 inch so it works with my holsters, the operator is 1.75.

I just ordered one of their casual leather belts for 39 from optics planet. It also has a stiffener built in between the layers of leather. I haven't been able to really see it up close, though I doubt any will equal my beltman belt.

GONZO!!!

I bough mine from www.bullhidebelts.com I have had it a ear now and it still looks new and is still as rock solid as the day it arrived. Made form a thick single piece of bullhide leather. Very stiff and carries my full size 1911 and magazines very well. Pretty affordable and fast turnaround and customer service.

GONZO!!!

Dahwg

I have a paddle holster so no belt is needed.

Not so. I have a paddle holster as well, and while you can wear it without a belt, you are missing out on a vital component of a good shooting rig. I will ALWAYS go with a stiff belt specifically made as a platform for carry- concealed or open. You would be amazed at what a difference a proper gun belt can make.

cmdr_iceman71

I liked what I saw so, I just ordered a belt from bullhidebelts.com

I already have a leather belt (1 3/4" width) that supports my rig just fine it's just that I got the wrong size belt (too short) so it is a real pain to buckle when it's weighed down with two loaded full sized guns, dual mag pouch and cell phone. I wear it as a duty belt, and overlay atop my regular belt. I like this way better because I am not constrained by the spacing of my belt loops of whatever trousers I happen to be wearing nor do I have to worry about my belt loops popping because it cannot hold the weight, and arming and disarming can be done in a few seconds as opposed to the old way where I had to thread the mag pouch and each holster through the belt and trouser loops.

Last edited:

FMJ 911

I know I'll draw heat for saying it, but I'm old school. I use a Pistol Belt like what Soldiers used. Good way to quickly remove and hang up the whole rig if needed. Pretty sturdy as well! I can still carry my Gun, extra ammo, and Cell Phone! and the belt only cost about $10.

cbpeck

I use Galco SB3 Dress Belts, one each in black & havana brown. They're versatile enough to go with anything from jeans to suits. After about 18 months of almost daily use they have softened up a tad, but they're still plenty sturdy.

Polynikes

Amish Belt from Hank's

http://www.hanksclothing.com/amish_belts_black_buy.html

A fraction of the price charged compared to officially labeled "gun belts" and rock solid construction. It's an inch and a half wide, like the site says, but it's also just a shade over an eighth of an inch thick, so you'd be hard pressed to make the thing bend, much less fold over on itself. No stitching either to wear out. The belt is one thick hunk of leather. If this one EVER wears out, I'll definitely be buying another one.

Last edited:

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
I use an uncle mikes reinforced instructors belt

What does everyone wear to hold up their holsters? I just received my Crossbreed casual belt and I have to say I'm in love. For $68 I'd say it's money well spent. It's plenty thick, and my full size 1911 with a full mag in my SERPA feels rock solid. I was just curious as to what everyone else uses and how the Crossbreed stacks up to the competition...
http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/reinforced_instructors_belt.html these are excellent and fit my jeans perfectly