• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cheapest option for VA concealed carry course?

Dr Phil

I'm looking to get my wife into a course to qualify her for her Virginia CHP. When I got mine, I took the Utah CFP course, and had the instructor write me a certificate for VA as well. I understand basically any firearm safety course will work for the CHP, so I was looking for the cheapest/easiest option for her. Any suggestions?

Dr Phil

Yeah I'm comfortable enough training her myself on carrying, and she has the operation/shooting down. I would never promote taking a "shortcut" and not being actually competent/qualified enough to carry, just want to make that clear.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Yeah I'm comfortable enough training her myself on carrying, and she has the operation/shooting down. I would never promote taking a "shortcut" and not being actually competent/qualified enough to carry, just want to make that clear.

Gotcha, that online course would be perfect then.

Marco

The least expensive way would be a Hunter's Safety course as most are offered free of charge, assuming she doesn't have a DD214 (Veteran US Armed Services) which offset the need for any further training.

Steeler-gal

Send her to one of our courses at She Can Shoot. We are women teaching women. I don't recommend you teach her. Too much stress having a family member teach.

www.shecanshoot.com

We teach both men and women.

==========================================
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Looking for training by experienced staff?
We are the largest all female only firearms group on the East Coast offering firearms training courses and services provided by our experienced and certified female instructors.
http://www.shecanshoot.com/

d dubya

I just took an online course from Virginia Gun Training Institute for $29.95.

Taking my application to the court tomorrow.

Thanks,
Dave