• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Modding Skyrim

Jack House

I'm not installing mods, I'm making one.

I've been modding, both making my own and installing others, since Morrowind. :D

Kivuli

The biggest annoyance for me with the Creation Kit is that the mouse pointer collision code is suspect. You have to have the damn render window camera at JUST the right angle, zoom factor, and click JUST the right pixel, or you can't select the MASSIVE FREAKING BOULDER that's taking up half the screen.:cuss:

That and there is nay teapot in the entire game. What gives?

Jack House

Well for me, I am creating a new island. Which means I needed to use the heightmap editor. But the damn thing is broken six ways to Sunday. :banghead:

But I've figured out how to get around it. Now I need to populate the island, I can't figure out how to get the generators tools to work right, so I'm going to end up having to place everything by hand. But I can't only see one cell at a time.

2012-03-04_135321.png

IDK why it only shows so little for me, maybe it needs LOD. But LOD is broken too, and people are still trying to get it working. I think I'm going to abandon the island. Atleast for now and then maybe come back to it when I get some people interested in working with me.