• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Forum Sponsor-Want a new Kimber or other Raffle gun to Open Carry in VA?

007boarder

I have my ticket numbers in hand. Too bad I won't be able to make it though. Silly work. A good luck to us both!

Last edited:

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Looks like the Silent Plinker package "passed" the KSG and will be the gun drawn on Sunday.
6348060_orig.jpg

AIC869

Count me in for the draw on the M&P 15. Wife wants one of her own, and we're moving up there as soon as I transfer back from overseas at the end of this week. Would make a great housewarming gift... :)

Her questions: "Who's Ed, and is that his shop?" Explained the Friends of NRA connection (she's familiar with them). :)

Last edited:

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Count me in for the draw on the M&P 15. Wife wants one of her own, and we're moving up there as soon as I transfer back from overseas at the end of this week. Would make a great housewarming gift... :)

Her questions: "Who's Ed, and is that his shop?" Explained the Friends of NRA connection (she's familiar with them). :)

1. I am Ed
2. That is not my shop, that is my friend Dale's shop http://www.purcellguns.com
3. I am not a huge fan of the NRA. When I was asked to help on the Loudoun County Friends of NRA team, I found that 1/2 the money we raise comes back into Virginia to help the shooting sports in the form of grants for shooting programs, range development, youth education and more.. and I get a vote on how the money is spent and which grants are approved. I figured if local gun rights activists don't plant the seeds and harvest a new bread of VCDL'ers, OCDO'ers and yes, (cough) even NRA'ers.. we will become a lost breed.
4. Our banquet will be on 9/14. We will have lots of cool prizes, games and raffles. Start saving your money for the games, auctions and raffles at the event.. but get your tickets to the event now!

All information is at: http://LoudounCountyFriendsofNRA.org

AIC869

Oh I knew who you were (I read a lot here - just don't post a lot). It was "her" questions I was referring to. I've known about the Friends program for a while - great educational program and a good cause. I just forgot when showing her your photo w/ the rifle that yeah - she has no idea who "Ed" is even though I'd have recognized you on the street - "Hey, that's Ed..."

May very well do the banquet. We're moving to Haymarket, so it's not that far.

007boarder

If the winner is not present at the drawing, how long until I am notified I won?:D

Thanks Ed

They are pretty good about getting the winner listed on the website same day. I was hoping to win the KSG this weekend, I supposed i can take the silencer package this week and take the ksg next weekend. I won't be able to make the breakfast either tomorrow as I'll be out golfing with my father for fathers day.