Thread: New to the site!

New to the site!

Hello all

I am new to open carry.org. The only time I have ever opened carried is at home or during a deer or hog hunt.

I know MO has mixed up OC with all the local ordinaces deciding if its legal or not. I have had my CCW for about 8 years now. I am interested in OC and helping out. I am also interested in OC in OK. I hope OK gets a OC law passed this year as well as MO.

Does anyone know if McDonald County is ok with OC? I have heard Joplin is but thats a bit north of me.

Scott

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by larueman View Post
    Hello all

I am new to open carry.org. The only time I have ever opened carried is at home or during a deer or hog hunt.

Scott
    Welcome to the jungle!
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Welcome!
    "Ever notice once in a while you come across somebody you shouldn't have f***ed with......That's me." -Clint Eastwood "Gran Torino"

Quote Originally Posted by larueman View Post
    Hello all

I know MO has mixed up OC with all the local ordinaces deciding if its legal or not. I have had my CCW for about 8 years now. I am interested in OC and helping out. I am also interested in OC in OK. I hope OK gets a OC law passed this year as well as MO.

Does anyone know if McDonald County is ok with OC? I have heard Joplin is but thats a bit north of me.

Scott
    Missouri is a mess of OC legal and not legal.... Best bet, post where you are, get together with some OC folks and learn the ropes.
    Yep, its a mess here in Missouri!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Welcome!

You'll find a lot of great reads here. You'll learn a lot too.

Welcome!!

As LMTD stated, to the Jungle!!

Lot's of good reads...some you will agree with, some you will not. If you disagree with someone, that's great; but be prepared for potential attacks....some will attack you, not the topic....in other words...have some thick skin.

It's a great site!
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Welcome to the forum and fasten your seatbelt!

Enjoy the ride.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired