• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to the site!

larueman

Hello all

I am new to open carry.org. The only time I have ever opened carried is at home or during a deer or hog hunt.

I know MO has mixed up OC with all the local ordinaces deciding if its legal or not. I have had my CCW for about 8 years now. I am interested in OC and helping out. I am also interested in OC in OK. I hope OK gets a OC law passed this year as well as MO.

Does anyone know if McDonald County is ok with OC? I have heard Joplin is but thats a bit north of me.

Scott

mspgunner

Hello all

I am new to open carry.org. The only time I have ever opened carried is at home or during a deer or hog hunt.

I know MO has mixed up OC with all the local ordinaces deciding if its legal or not. I have had my CCW for about 8 years now. I am interested in OC and helping out. I am also interested in OC in OK. I hope OK gets a OC law passed this year as well as MO.

Does anyone know if McDonald County is ok with OC? I have heard Joplin is but thats a bit north of me.

Scott

Missouri is a mess of OC legal and not legal.... Best bet, post where you are, get together with some OC folks and learn the ropes.
Yep, its a mess here in Missouri!

Redbaron007

Welcome!!

As LMTD stated, to the Jungle!! :)

Lot's of good reads...some you will agree with, some you will not. If you disagree with someone, that's great; but be prepared for potential attacks....some will attack you, not the topic....in other words...have some thick skin.

It's a great site!