Thread: open carry at work?

open carry at work?

I have a secondary job in probably the worst part of town, on the worst street. Wouldn't do it for money, I'm working a retail store for my ma-in-law. I illegally carry concealed, i won't lie. It's about the only thing that gets me through my day, knowing I can protect myself. What terrifies me is having to brandish or use force, as I believe that there is a real chance in CA that I'll get a felony. So, can i, within the confines of my store, wear it on my hip? I believe this would be an effective deterrent. I'm at the point where I'll go get my guard card, if it will allow me to legally carry my handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by dannymac77 View Post
    I have a secondary job in probably the worst part of town, on the worst street. Wouldn't do it for money, I'm working a retail store for my ma-in-law. I illegally carry concealed, i won't lie. It's about the only thing that gets me through my day, knowing I can protect myself. What terrifies me is having to brandish or use force, as I believe that there is a real chance in CA that I'll get a felony. So, can i, within the confines of my store, wear it on my hip? I believe this would be an effective deterrent. I'm at the point where I'll go get my guard card, if it will allow me to legally carry my handgun.
    Should probably ask the folks in the CA part of the forum. Would be more inclined to kniow, I think.
    Here,in Florida-if it's your pace of biz, you can carry.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dannymac77 View Post
    Posted in wrong state sub-forum - you need to direct this question to the members in the CA sub-forum to get state specific answers.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/fo...?88-California
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

It's also not wise to admit to a felony on a public forum. (You may not be as anonymous as you think.) OCDO doesn't not support breaking the law, even when the law seems wrong.

I didn't quote your post so you can easily remove the incriminating part. Take care.

--
    Peace. ~G
    Carry weapon: SA XDm .40 SC + 11rd Ranger SXT 180gr