• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry at work?

dannymac77

I have a secondary job in probably the worst part of town, on the worst street. Wouldn't do it for money, I'm working a retail store for my ma-in-law. I illegally carry concealed, i won't lie. It's about the only thing that gets me through my day, knowing I can protect myself. What terrifies me is having to brandish or use force, as I believe that there is a real chance in CA that I'll get a felony. So, can i, within the confines of my store, wear it on my hip? I believe this would be an effective deterrent. I'm at the point where I'll go get my guard card, if it will allow me to legally carry my handgun.

j4l

I have a secondary job in probably the worst part of town, on the worst street. Wouldn't do it for money, I'm working a retail store for my ma-in-law. I illegally carry concealed, i won't lie. It's about the only thing that gets me through my day, knowing I can protect myself. What terrifies me is having to brandish or use force, as I believe that there is a real chance in CA that I'll get a felony. So, can i, within the confines of my store, wear it on my hip? I believe this would be an effective deterrent. I'm at the point where I'll go get my guard card, if it will allow me to legally carry my handgun.

Should probably ask the folks in the CA part of the forum. Would be more inclined to kniow, I think.
Here,in Florida-if it's your pace of biz, you can carry.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Posted in wrong state sub-forum - you need to direct this question to the members in the CA sub-forum to get state specific answers.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?88-California

GuidoZ

It's also not wise to admit to a felony on a public forum. (You may not be as anonymous as you think.) OCDO doesn't not support breaking the law, even when the law seems wrong.

I didn't quote your post so you can easily remove the incriminating part. Take care.

--
Peace. ~G