Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: And so, the Settlements Begin...

  1. #1
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358

    And so, the Settlements Begin...

    The City of Baltimore paid out it's first police-related civil rights violation/police brutality settlement this week--$70,000 to a man who they beat to the ground and maced while he was holding his 2-year-old son in his arms.

    The heinous crime that spawned this BPD beat-down was the man was "seeking shelter from the rain" in a doorway of a vacant building, and the police didn't like the fact that wouldn't move despite the "no trespassing" sign.

    Keep writing those checks, Baltimore. You've got a lot of catching up to do--the average payout for such lawsuits in Baltimore over the last 3 years is $3.5 MILLION per year...

    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bre...,5104973.story


    And THESE are the people that we trust to do our background checks and decide whether we can or cannot get a carry permit in MD?

    Gee, I feel safer already...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 03-04-2012 at 04:46 AM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  2. #2
    Regular Member Mr H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AA Co., Maryland, USA
    Posts
    286
    MSP are the gatekeepers... BPD are but the mindless thugs watching the alleyways

  3. #3
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    Speaking of MSP, they are the NEXT winner in the "Maryland Civil Rights Violation Sweepstakes"...

    http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/0...on-protesters/


    After arresting a bunch of pro-life protesters in 2008, and subjecting them--several of them under-aged girls--to being handcuffed, illegally arrested, and even STRIP SEARCHED, MSP and the Hartford County Board of Public Works agreed to pay out a settlement to the protestors to the tune of $385,000.

    More than a quarter million dollars for the thrill of false arrest, intimidation, and taking a huge steaming dump in the First Amendment. Gee, MSP, I hope you got your money's worth...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 03-12-2012 at 09:34 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1
    No problem.

    The taxpayers are happy to pay whatever the Junta decides is necessary.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Sig229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    926
    They should change the welcome sighs on the interstate to say:

    "Welcome to Maryland!
    Be advised that you and/or your family can be beaten, shot or arrested for virtually no reason.
    Oh and dont forget, if you are traveling with legal firearms in your vehicle, we will look for any reason to stop you and make you a felon.
    Enjoy your stay, Hon!"
    Last edited by Sig229; 03-21-2012 at 08:00 PM.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, ,
    Posts
    214
    $385k to get falsely arrested and strip searched, and only $70k to get a man and his 2 year old sons ass kicked. WTF!! Why, oh why did I ever leave MD?

  7. #7
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    Today, MD Courts awarded a civil rights violation settlement of $95,000 to a 90-year-old Baltimore woman who had to lock BPD officers in her basement to prevent them from brutalizing her grandson and herself, after they forced their way into her house following a 911 call made by the woman to report her grandson had been shot in a nearby convenience store. The police accuse her of shooting him, or him shooting himself, and proceeded to rough them up...

    More on the story here:

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1438603.html


    Way to go, BD--another $95,000 fee for your misconduct. I'm sure the taxpayers of MD are REALLY thrilled with your performance, and the ever-sxpanding bill they are being forced to pay on your behalf for violating the rights of law-abiding citizens in Maryland...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  8. #8
    Regular Member DCKilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Wet Side, WA
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Today, MD Courts awarded a civil rights violation settlement of $95,000 to a 90-year-old Baltimore woman who had to lock BPD officers in her basement to prevent them from brutalizing her grandson and herself, after they forced their way into her house following a 911 call made by the woman to report her grandson had been shot in a nearby convenience store. The police accuse her of shooting him, or him shooting himself, and proceeded to rough them up...

    More on the story here:

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1438603.html


    Way to go, BD--another $95,000 fee for your misconduct. I'm sure the taxpayers of MD are REALLY thrilled with your performance, and the ever-sxpanding bill they are being forced to pay on your behalf for violating the rights of law-abiding citizens in Maryland...
    [Baltimore City Council President Bernard] Young voted against the settlement for Ms. Green, explaining that he was "tired of the police department bleeding money."
    What the hell is going on over there? I can't fathom any of this. I can't stand this unspeakable and sick tyranny. We fought the British. Now, we fight our "own".
    Last edited by DCKilla; 04-20-2012 at 10:59 AM.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Sig229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by DCKilla View Post
    What the hell is going on over there?
    Almost a century of left wing liberalism and thats what a city and state turns into. A *** damn mess.

    I have to go back to Baltimore for a couple of weeks in June. One of the most violent cities in the nation, yet I cant legally carry there.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

  10. #10
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    MODERATORS:

    I'm just wondering why this thread was moved into the "General Discussion" area and out of the "MD State" section?

    Although this topic may be of fleeting interest to people all over the country as informative on the gross corruption and thuggery of Baltimore Government and LE, it was INTENDED to be a chronicle of Baltimore, FOR Marylanders, so they could be more aware of what was REALLY going on in "Charm City".

    Just curious...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  11. #11
    Regular Member Holly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2
    Great quote from the gun show in VA from a vendor, "The People's Republic of Maryland." I wish I had gotten his name so that I could give him the full credit he deserves.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Gil223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Weber County Utah
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Today, MD Courts awarded a civil rights violation settlement of $95,000 to a 90-year-old Baltimore woman who had to lock BPD officers in her basement to prevent them from brutalizing her grandson and herself, after they forced their way into her house following a 911 call made by the woman to report her grandson had been shot in a nearby convenience store. The police accuse her of shooting him, or him shooting himself, and proceeded to rough them up...

    More on the story here:

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1438603.html


    Way to go, BD--another $95,000 fee for your misconduct. I'm sure the taxpayers of MD are REALLY thrilled with your performance, and the ever-sxpanding bill they are being forced to pay on your behalf for violating the rights of law-abiding citizens in Maryland...
    I generally go out of my way to avoid reading anything Ariana Huffington has said from the far left. However, Baltimore has a national reputation for being corrupt at all levels of government. Is the rep deserved? I did a quick online check for the "most corrupt cities in America", and was shocked when I discovered that Baltimore didn't even make the top 15. Of the four lists I checked, there was one consistency... CHICAGO is the #1 most corrupt city in America (1,531 convicted of public corruption since 1975 - or, an average of 42.5 per year)! There was no surprise there. Look at what's running our federal government right now, courtesy of the Chicago political machine. But, back to Baltimore...

    The only reason I can come up with for Balto not making the top levels of the lists, is that the lists are all compiled based upon convictions for public corruption. Apparently, either Balto's officials are made of Teflon and cover their tracks extremely well, or the corruption extends deep into their courts. Or both.

    Regarding Granny's actions when faced with an abusive BPD cop... GOOD FOR HER! Pax...
    Last edited by Gil223; 04-22-2012 at 10:40 AM.
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

  13. #13
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    The only reason I can come up with for Balto not making the top levels of the lists, is that the lists are all compiled based upon convictions for public corruption. Apparently, either Balto's officials are made of Teflon and cover their tracks extremely well, or the corruption extends deep into their courts. Or both.

    We know they are not made of teflon, because when the Feds get involved in investigating MD "officials", they usually get convicted.

    It has been my observation that the courts are every bit as honest and trustworthy in Maryland as the politicians and LE.

    It is a sad, frustrating and dangerous place to live--and not just because of the street crime. The crime that is perpetrated by people wearing suits, robes and badges in MD had a FAR more serious effect on the lives, Freedom and Liberty of the Citizens...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 05-01-2012 at 02:32 AM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  14. #14
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    MODERATORS:

    I'm just wondering why this thread was moved into the "General Discussion" area and out of the "MD State" section?

    Although this topic may be of fleeting interest to people all over the country as informative on the gross corruption and thuggery of Baltimore Government and LE, it was INTENDED to be a chronicle of Baltimore, FOR Marylanders, so they could be more aware of what was REALLY going on in "Charm City".

    Just curious...
    May have been that it doesn't relate direct to OC or even RKBA - not that the shoe doesn't fit.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    May have been that it doesn't relate direct to OC or even RKBA - not that the shoe doesn't fit.
    Actually it DOES relate to RKBA, because the original 911 call was made because this woman's grandson was "shot" in a local convenience store. Since the ONLY people in MD who can carry loaded handguns are cops and the well-connneted, then the ONLY possibilities are that some high-profile, "trusted" member of the community shot this kid, or else the entire story is made up and fabricated...

    Also, the police treated this granny so roughly because they KNEW that either this kid shot himself or the granny shot him, and they KNEW there MUST be an "illegal gun" in their house.

    And, we must remember that the RKBA of regular citizens is predicated on the reports and investigations made by MD LEOs during the MSP "background investigations", and I merely was pointing out the behavior and mentalities of the very people who control the exercise of that "right" in MD.

    Just sayin...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 04-22-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  16. #16
    Regular Member Gil223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Weber County Utah
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Actually it DOES relate to RKBA, because the original 911 call was made because this woman's grandson was "shot" in a local convenience store. Since the ONLY people in MD who can carry loaded handguns are cops and the well-connneted, then the ONLY possibilities are that some high-profile, "trusted" member of the community shot this kid, or else the entire story is made up and fabricated...
    You forgot one word - "...the ONLY people in MD who can LEGALLY carry loaded handguns are cops and the well-connnected...", and what are the odds that the kid was shot by somebody who could legally carry? "Criminals are" practitioners of crime, and in that practice they make their living/rep/street cred by violating laws. Maybe her grandson was wearing the wrong color of shirt, and was mistakenly shot by somebody who thought he was a rival gang member... or don't they have gangs in Baltimore? Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

  17. #17
    Regular Member Sig229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post

    Maybe her grandson was wearing the wrong color of shirt, and was mistakenly shot by somebody who thought he was a rival gang member... or don't they have gangs in Baltimore? Pax...
    Not really gangs of the West Coast and NYC sort.
    Most of Baltimore is an open air drug market. Every day you can ride through the west and most of the east side and see a well disciplined group of "youths" on street corners sell Heroin, Crack and powder Cocaine out in the open.
    In some cases, they will occupy entire city blocks and sell their product while police roll on by.

    Instead of "gangs", Baltimore is ran by different "crews" and when I was living there, there were about four to five major "king Pin's" that controlled and supplied all of the smaller crews.

    Most of the Cocaine and Heroin comes directly off the ships in Baltimore harbor and is incredibly pure. In some cases, when supply from local ships is low, they will buy from New York connections. But the Baltimore crews often prefer to not deal with New York because the product is poor and often more expensive.
    Last edited by Sig229; 04-22-2012 at 08:14 PM.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

  18. #18
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    You forgot one word - "...the ONLY people in MD who can LEGALLY carry loaded handguns are cops and the well-connnected...", and what are the odds that the kid was shot by somebody who could legally carry?.
    Sorry about the misunderstanding. I forgot to include a <sarcasm> tag on my post...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  19. #19
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    Instead of "gangs", Baltimore is ran by different "crews" and when I was living there, there were about four to five major "king Pin's" that controlled and supplied all of the smaller crews.
    Well, except for MS-13, Bloods, Crips, Hells Angels, Pagans and abouttwo dozen other national gangs, yeah, there are no gangs in Baltimore...

    http://dls.state.md.us/Content.aspx?page=421

    http://dls.state.md.us/data/polanasu...vmat/Gangs.pdf


    Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    Most of the Cocaine and Heroin comes directly off the ships in Baltimore harbor and is incredibly pure. In some cases, when supply from local ships is low, they will buy from New York connections. But the Baltimore crews often prefer to not deal with New York because the product is poor and often more expensive.
    Except for the heroin and cocaine that is brought into the DC metro area by CIA and DEA on Halliburton and Dyncorp aircraft, and the MASSIVE amounts of drugs that come to Baltimore through the "BPD Pipeline"...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Net5uQMcvk8
    Last edited by Dreamer; 04-22-2012 at 09:46 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  20. #20
    Regular Member MilProGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,228
    After reading this thread, I'm even more satisfied that I'm a resident of Mississippi.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

    Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired


  21. #21
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    SNIP It has been my observation that the courts are every bit as honest and trustworthy in Maryland as the politicians and LE. t is a sad, frustrating and dangerous place to live
    Y'all need a new campaign, and a new slogan to go with it: Clean Up The Chesapeake Bay--Start with Baltimore.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  22. #22
    Regular Member Sig229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Well, except for MS-13, Bloods, Crips, Hells Angels, Pagans and abouttwo dozen other national gangs, yeah, there are no gangs in Baltimore...
    The amount of Crips and Bloods in Baltimore is very small compared to any west coast city. Yes, MS13 is becoming more common, but still nothing like I saw on the west coast.

    From my personal experience in both West and East Baltimore, the crews that run the drug corners probably account for 90+% of any type of organized crime group.

    As far as the Pagan's and Hells Angels, you're more likely to find them in the white suburb neighborhoods surrounding Baltimore city. There's a reason why they are called "the 1%"
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

  23. #23
    Regular Member Sig229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post

    Except for the heroin and cocaine that is brought into the DC metro area by CIA and DEA on Halliburton and Dyncorp aircraft, and the MASSIVE amounts of drugs that come to Baltimore through the "BPD Pipeline"...
    Again, thats a drop in the bucket compared to what the "crews" I referred to import.
    There have always been Police officers and especially customs and DHS officials that help these crews import and sell drugs.

    (Im trying to walk on eggshells here)
    But from my encounters and personal "experience" the amount of sworn officers who participate in the drug trade is miniscule when compared to the entire city wide operation.

    However, the officers that are involved are extremely valuable to the drug trade.



    Im actually writing a book on my experiences of the drug trade in Baltimore city from 2002-2008.
    It supposed to be published this fall.
    Last edited by Sig229; 04-22-2012 at 10:24 PM.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

  24. #24
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Lysander Spooner proved in No Treason that government proceeds from a criminal premise.* Meaning the very fundamental operational premise of government is criminal. Things just get worse from there.



    *(paraphrase). Just because Misters A, B, and C vote Mr. D to threaten you into paying money does not legitimize the threat.

    If all the rest of the forum voted me to collect membership dues from you, it would not legitimize me threatening you, nor imprisoning you for not paying. Just because people vote for politicians cannot possibly legitimize the threat that makes you pay taxes, nor the use of force if you don't pay them.

    Just because a bunch of people, who are your equals--no better than you, and in many cases far worse--decide you must pay cannot possibly legitimize you being forced to pay. Those people have no more standing to authorize a politician to steal your earnings than they have standing to tell you what clothes to wear.

    Thus, government is founded on a criminal principle. It is no wonder at all that government becomes criminal, corrupt, etc. It begins as something indistinguishable from a criminal enterprise. No wonder politicians lie so much--they're hiding their intentions from the people.
    Last edited by Citizen; 04-22-2012 at 11:03 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  25. #25
    Regular Member Eeyore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    on the move
    Posts
    558

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by MilProGuy View Post
    After reading this thread, I'm even more satisfied that I'm a resident of Mississippi.
    Dang, Maryland, you just got served by the state that ranks #48, 49, or 50 in just about everything. Ouch.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •