• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

And so, the Settlements Begin...

Dreamer

The City of Baltimore paid out it's first police-related civil rights violation/police brutality settlement this week--$70,000 to a man who they beat to the ground and maced while he was holding his 2-year-old son in his arms.

The heinous crime that spawned this BPD beat-down was the man was "seeking shelter from the rain" in a doorway of a vacant building, and the police didn't like the fact that wouldn't move despite the "no trespassing" sign.

Keep writing those checks, Baltimore. You've got a lot of catching up to do--the average payout for such lawsuits in Baltimore over the last 3 years is $3.5 MILLION per year...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/breaking/bs-md-ci-police-lawsuit-20120229,0,5104973.story

And THESE are the people that we trust to do our background checks and decide whether we can or cannot get a carry permit in MD?

Gee, I feel safer already...

Last edited:

Dreamer

Speaking of MSP, they are the NEXT winner in the "Maryland Civil Rights Violation Sweepstakes"...

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/03/08/md-police-settle-with-abortion-protesters/

After arresting a bunch of pro-life protesters in 2008, and subjecting them--several of them under-aged girls--to being handcuffed, illegally arrested, and even STRIP SEARCHED, MSP and the Hartford County Board of Public Works agreed to pay out a settlement to the protestors to the tune of $385,000.

More than a quarter million dollars for the thrill of false arrest, intimidation, and taking a huge steaming dump in the First Amendment. Gee, MSP, I hope you got your money's worth...

Last edited:

Threeband

Campaign Veteran
No problem.

The taxpayers are happy to pay whatever the Junta decides is necessary.

Sig229

They should change the welcome sighs on the interstate to say:

"Welcome to Maryland!
Be advised that you and/or your family can be beaten, shot or arrested for virtually no reason.
Oh and dont forget, if you are traveling with legal firearms in your vehicle, we will look for any reason to stop you and make you a felon.
Enjoy your stay, Hon!"

Last edited:

Dreamer

Today, MD Courts awarded a civil rights violation settlement of $95,000 to a 90-year-old Baltimore woman who had to lock BPD officers in her basement to prevent them from brutalizing her grandson and herself, after they forced their way into her house following a 911 call made by the woman to report her grandson had been shot in a nearby convenience store. The police accuse her of shooting him, or him shooting himself, and proceeded to rough them up...

More on the story here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/19/baltimore-grandmother-locks-cop-in-basement_n_1438603.html

Way to go, BD--another $95,000 fee for your misconduct. I'm sure the taxpayers of MD are REALLY thrilled with your performance, and the ever-sxpanding bill they are being forced to pay on your behalf for violating the rights of law-abiding citizens in Maryland...

DCKilla

Today, MD Courts awarded a civil rights violation settlement of $95,000 to a 90-year-old Baltimore woman who had to lock BPD officers in her basement to prevent them from brutalizing her grandson and herself, after they forced their way into her house following a 911 call made by the woman to report her grandson had been shot in a nearby convenience store. The police accuse her of shooting him, or him shooting himself, and proceeded to rough them up...

More on the story here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/19/baltimore-grandmother-locks-cop-in-basement_n_1438603.html

Way to go, BD--another $95,000 fee for your misconduct. I'm sure the taxpayers of MD are REALLY thrilled with your performance, and the ever-sxpanding bill they are being forced to pay on your behalf for violating the rights of law-abiding citizens in Maryland...
[Baltimore City Council President Bernard] Young voted against the settlement for Ms. Green, explaining that he was "tired of the police department bleeding money."

What the hell is going on over there? I can't fathom any of this. I can't stand this unspeakable and sick tyranny. We fought the British. Now, we fight our "own".

Last edited:

Dreamer

MODERATORS:

I'm just wondering why this thread was moved into the "General Discussion" area and out of the "MD State" section?

Although this topic may be of fleeting interest to people all over the country as informative on the gross corruption and thuggery of Baltimore Government and LE, it was INTENDED to be a chronicle of Baltimore, FOR Marylanders, so they could be more aware of what was REALLY going on in "Charm City".

Just curious...

Holly

Great quote from the gun show in VA from a vendor, "The People's Republic of Maryland." I wish I had gotten his name so that I could give him the full credit he deserves.

Gil223

More on the story here:

I generally go out of my way to avoid reading anything Ariana Huffington has said from the far left. However, Baltimore has a national reputation for being corrupt at all levels of government. Is the rep deserved? I did a quick online check for the "most corrupt cities in America", and was shocked when I discovered that Baltimore didn't even make the top 15. Of the four lists I checked, there was one consistency... CHICAGO is the #1 most corrupt city in America (1,531 convicted of public corruption since 1975 - or, an average of 42.5 per year)! There was no surprise there. Look at what's running our federal government right now, courtesy of the Chicago political machine. But, back to Baltimore...

The only reason I can come up with for Balto not making the top levels of the lists, is that the lists are all compiled based upon convictions for public corruption. Apparently, either Balto's officials are made of Teflon and cover their tracks extremely well, or the corruption extends deep into their courts. Or both.

Regarding Granny's actions when faced with an abusive BPD cop... GOOD FOR HER! :banana: Pax...

Last edited:

Dreamer

The only reason I can come up with for Balto not making the top levels of the lists, is that the lists are all compiled based upon convictions for public corruption. Apparently, either Balto's officials are made of Teflon and cover their tracks extremely well, or the corruption extends deep into their courts. Or both.

We know they are not made of teflon, because when the Feds get involved in investigating MD "officials", they usually get convicted.

It has been my observation that the courts are every bit as honest and trustworthy in Maryland as the politicians and LE.

It is a sad, frustrating and dangerous place to live--and not just because of the street crime. The crime that is perpetrated by people wearing suits, robes and badges in MD had a FAR more serious effect on the lives, Freedom and Liberty of the Citizens...

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
MODERATORS:

I'm just wondering why this thread was moved into the "General Discussion" area and out of the "MD State" section?

Although this topic may be of fleeting interest to people all over the country as informative on the gross corruption and thuggery of Baltimore Government and LE, it was INTENDED to be a chronicle of Baltimore, FOR Marylanders, so they could be more aware of what was REALLY going on in "Charm City".

Just curious...

May have been that it doesn't relate direct to OC or even RKBA - not that the shoe doesn't fit.

Dreamer

May have been that it doesn't relate direct to OC or even RKBA - not that the shoe doesn't fit.

Actually it DOES relate to RKBA, because the original 911 call was made because this woman's grandson was "shot" in a local convenience store. Since the ONLY people in MD who can carry loaded handguns are cops and the well-connneted, then the ONLY possibilities are that some high-profile, "trusted" member of the community shot this kid, or else the entire story is made up and fabricated...

Also, the police treated this granny so roughly because they KNEW that either this kid shot himself or the granny shot him, and they KNEW there MUST be an "illegal gun" in their house.

And, we must remember that the RKBA of regular citizens is predicated on the reports and investigations made by MD LEOs during the MSP "background investigations", and I merely was pointing out the behavior and mentalities of the very people who control the exercise of that "right" in MD.

Just sayin...

Last edited:

Gil223

Actually it DOES relate to RKBA, because the original 911 call was made because this woman's grandson was "shot" in a local convenience store. Since the ONLY people in MD who can carry loaded handguns are cops and the well-connneted, then the ONLY possibilities are that some high-profile, "trusted" member of the community shot this kid, or else the entire story is made up and fabricated...

You forgot one word - "...the ONLY people in MD who can LEGALLY carry loaded handguns are cops and the well-connnected...", and what are the odds that the kid was shot by somebody who could legally carry? "Criminals are" practitioners of crime, and in that practice they make their living/rep/street cred by violating laws. Maybe her grandson was wearing the wrong color of shirt, and was mistakenly shot by somebody who thought he was a rival gang member... or don't they have gangs in Baltimore? :rolleyes: Pax...

Sig229

Maybe her grandson was wearing the wrong color of shirt, and was mistakenly shot by somebody who thought he was a rival gang member... or don't they have gangs in Baltimore? :rolleyes: Pax...

Not really gangs of the West Coast and NYC sort.
Most of Baltimore is an open air drug market. Every day you can ride through the west and most of the east side and see a well disciplined group of "youths" on street corners sell Heroin, Crack and powder Cocaine out in the open.
In some cases, they will occupy entire city blocks and sell their product while police roll on by.

Instead of "gangs", Baltimore is ran by different "crews" and when I was living there, there were about four to five major "king Pin's" that controlled and supplied all of the smaller crews.

Most of the Cocaine and Heroin comes directly off the ships in Baltimore harbor and is incredibly pure. In some cases, when supply from local ships is low, they will buy from New York connections. But the Baltimore crews often prefer to not deal with New York because the product is poor and often more expensive.

Last edited:

Dreamer

You forgot one word - "...the ONLY people in MD who can LEGALLY carry loaded handguns are cops and the well-connnected...", and what are the odds that the kid was shot by somebody who could legally carry?.

Sorry about the misunderstanding. I forgot to include a <sarcasm> tag on my post...

Dreamer

Instead of "gangs", Baltimore is ran by different "crews" and when I was living there, there were about four to five major "king Pin's" that controlled and supplied all of the smaller crews.

Well, except for MS-13, Bloods, Crips, Hells Angels, Pagans and abouttwo dozen other national gangs, yeah, there are no gangs in Baltimore...

http://dls.state.md.us/Content.aspx?page=421

http://dls.state.md.us/data/polanasubare/polanasubare_coucrijusncivmat/Gangs.pdf

Most of the Cocaine and Heroin comes directly off the ships in Baltimore harbor and is incredibly pure. In some cases, when supply from local ships is low, they will buy from New York connections. But the Baltimore crews often prefer to not deal with New York because the product is poor and often more expensive.

Except for the heroin and cocaine that is brought into the DC metro area by CIA and DEA on Halliburton and Dyncorp aircraft, and the MASSIVE amounts of drugs that come to Baltimore through the "BPD Pipeline"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Net5uQMcvk8

Last edited: