• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry BBQ? (near Dale City/Woodbridge)

Steeler-gal

Depending on the location, I'd be interested.

==========================================
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Looking for training by experienced staff?
We are the largest all female only firearms group on the East Coast offering firearms training courses and services provided by our experienced and certified female instructors.
http://www.shecanshoot.com/

mathew85

iam in dale city/woodbrodge. i live near a public park called cloverdale that would be goo for this type of event.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Mathew85, I'd be interested.

You might like to see that we traditionally do an open carry picnic at Burke Lake Park in June/July. Do a search on Burke Lake Park for the history of the event, and you'll learn about helicopter lures and 20 bowls of potato salad! Fun stuff.

Nothing says we have to do only one. Read the Burke Lake threads and find a rather effective way of doing things, too -- post a list and people will sign up to bring things. It's worked in other areas of the state too.

In another thread, you said you had a location in mind. That's half the battle!

Dreamer

I would be interested. Any excuse I can get to "cross the moat" and exercise my Freedoms, I'll gladly take it. And if there is some good BBQ included in that activity, so much the better.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I'm interested as well.

Do you tell the police every time you are going to carry outside of your house? I sure hope not. A get together is no different.

mathew85

pretty sure some one will see all of us and have them selfs a nice freak out lol. but either way iam still pumped up for this