• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I want to buy a couch!

BBlock

It's time for a new sofa in our living room. I've always had good luck with Ashley Furniture and my wife found one that we really like that Ashley claims to stock. It's not the best quality, but the price is quite reasonable. The Problem is that the nearest Ashley store (Madison) has an anti-carry sign. I wrote Ashley a message from their site asking if this was a corporate policy or if just the policy of this store. I told them that if they point me to another nearby store that is not posted then we will gladly travel there to purchase our new couch. My message has gone unanswered for over a week. Before I take our business to another store that respects law-abiding citizens (American TV, Slumberland, etc.) I thought I would ask the group if they are aware of an Ashley store that is willing to do business with us?

lance galloway

Same here I went to buy a desk from Ashley back in December and saw that they posted so I called corporate and spent 1/2 an hour talking to 3 different people who all told me it was corporate policy. :banghead:

Dusto

There are other stores that carry Ashley furniture. My wife and I recently purchased a couch that we originally saw at Ashley in Appleton, but ended up buying the same couch at WG&R for a lower price. The sales associate was very nice about it, showed us the catalog and everything, it's directly from Ashley.