Thread: I like your state....so far.

I like your state....so far.

I just arrived in Grenada from St. Louis, and really think what I've seen of Mississippi so far is really nice. I've been OC'ing since my arrival, and other than a few second glances (which happens all over) haven't had any problems. No comments, no scowls. No SWAT teams storming the Shoney's I ate at. Hopefully, the entire week I'll be here while attending a safety seminar will go just as smoothly as my first day while OC'ing.

Hopefully you have a pistol permit (even if you left it in another state), such will protect you from any potential fraudulent concealed weapons charge. Have fun, its a great state that usually is good about not infringing upon rights.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Glad you like it. Just out of curiosity, what parts of the state are you going through?

Yes, I always have my MO CCW (recognized by MS) on me. I'm not "going through" I'm staying in Grenada until Friday, then headed to Kentucky (where I'll also OC) for a day to visit a friend. This is work, but from what I've seen so far, I'm planning for a possible long weekend of fishing here sometime this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    I just arrived in Grenada from St. Louis, and really think what I've seen of Mississippi so far is really nice. I've been OC'ing since my arrival, and other than a few second glances (which happens all over) haven't had any problems. No comments, no scowls. No SWAT teams storming the Shoney's I ate at. Hopefully, the entire week I'll be here while attending a safety seminar will go just as smoothly as my first day while OC'ing.
    Glad you like it here.

I'm glad to hear that your trip here was OK.

I've been open carrying for a few months and have had no problems so far. Mainly people asking about how to get a permit which I'm happy to answer.

Although one guy was very shocked that I was carrying my 1911 "cocked and ready to go!" He informed me that God protects him and he doesn't go around places or people that he might need a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by edc View Post
    He informed me that God protects him and he doesn't go around places or people that he might need a gun.
    I really cannot fathom the reasoning behind statements like this. There is always a moment when god has more important things to do than cover my dumb butt.....
    Be safe, be prepared, and carry on!

Alle Ihre Basisstation jetzt zu uns gehören

OOPS! I got sidetracked above, and never said what I wanted to post originally to the OP! I thank your city of St. Louis for giving the Boys a well deserved Welcome Home!
    Be safe, be prepared, and carry on!

Alle Ihre Basisstation jetzt zu uns gehören

Quote Originally Posted by WOD View Post
    I really cannot fathom the reasoning behind statements like this. There is always a moment when god has more important things to do than cover my dumb butt.....
    Some people really are the but of jokes, that kind of statement reminds me of this joke:

One day there was a bad hurricane
    The evacuation was announced but one old woman told herself, "I'm staying God will provide for my safety",
    The flooding started and some rednecks came by and asked her to leave with them in their 4x4 huntin truck,
    She refused saying "I'm staying, God will keep me safe",
    The flooding got high enough to force her onto the second floor of her home,
    A local coonass came by in his flat boat and told her it was about to get worse, she should come with him,
    Again she refused, "I'm a God fearing Christian, he will keep me safe",
    The storm brought more flooding and she had to climb onto the roof where waves were crashing,
    A helicopter came by and lowered a Coastie who told her the area was about to have barges come crashing through and this was her last chance,
    "The Lord will protect me", was all she said before turning her head and ignoring him,
    Shortly later she died and met her maker and asked the question, "I've been a good christian and believed in you my whole life, why did you not heed my pairs and keep me safe?"
    To which she received the reply, "What more should I have done? I sent rednecks, a coonass, and a helicopter even after you were warned to leave."

Some people refuse to help themselves.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.