• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Canadian visitor with OC questions

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
That would be nice if I can make it. I leave for a couple weeks on Wednesday, so my schedule is pretty tight until then, but I will see what happens!

NewZealandAmerican

Greater Salt Lake City Metro area far south suburb
Move

The Form 6 NIA (Non immigrant alien) is the form that is filled out in order to temporarily import firearms into the US. It has me list each firearm I want to bring in, plus any ammunition. It is sent to the BATF and then faxed back to me with APPROVED stamped across it. The conditions for approval are that I have a valid hunting license from any state (no matter where I happen to be visiting) , or an invitation to a course or competitive event. Even in the BATF's own literature, they state that if I will be coming a few times per year, then it is easier just to use a hunting license, so then I only have to fill the Form 6 out once per year and it is valid for the entire year. Once approved, they don't care why I'm coming across, as long as I have a valid hunting license for any valid state. So, I went online, and purchased a ND non game license for $17 and got approved. This form is your federal government's way to get around one of their own laws that forbids importing of firearms so that they keep things simple/friendly for us Canadians who want to spend our hard earned dollars in your country. :D

As I am allowed to now possess firearms in the US, then I guess I can open carry. YAY ME !!! I can't wait to sit in a restaurant somewhere, or in front of the LAS VEGAS sign, with either my CZ 85 or Glock 22 on my hip, and post a picture to my facebook to make my fellow Canadians jealous :banana:

Ahh, maybe you should move here to AMERICA!!!