Thread: Florida sheriff.......great quote

Florida sheriff.......great quote

Looks like Florida has a sheriff like Arizona has.

Polk County Florida Sheriff - "You kill a policeman it means no arrest ...no Miranda rights ...no negotiations ...nothing but as many bullets as we can shoot into you ...PERIOD."

POLK COUNTY FLORIDA SHERIFF, GRADY JUDD

An illegal alien, in Polk County , Florida , who got pulled over in a routine traffic stop, ended up "executing" the deputy who stopped him. The deputy was shot eight times, including once behind his right ear at close range. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed. A state-wide manhunt ensued.

The murderer was found hiding in a wooded area. As soon as he took a shot at the SWAT team, officers opened fire on him. They hit the guy 68 times.

Naturally, the liberal media went nuts and asked why they had to shoot the poor, undocumented immigrant 68 times.

Sheriff Grady Judd told the Orlando Sentinel: "Because that's all the ammunition we had." Now, is that just about the all-time greatest answer or what!

The Coroner also reported that the illegal alien died of natural causes. When asked by a reporter how that could be, since there were 68 bullet wounds in his body, he simply replied: (BEST QUOTE ever) ... "When you are shot 68 times you are naturally gonna die."

I'm kinda glad I live in the 11th Circuit court district where Plummer v. State applies.

Oh wait, the good Sheriff lives in the same court circuit.
    What the Sheriff says smacks of hillbilly feudin'.
    I'm sure the Sheriff meant those words to apply narrowly..... but that's not what he said.
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 03-05-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Mixed feelings on this one. Obviously, it was an execution by the cops, pure and simple. Yet, it was a scumbag who was executed. Good day for the gene pool; bad day for due process of law.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Not a drop of sympathy for the perp; he got exactly what was coming to him. I find it hard to believe that all the SWAT had was 68 rounds.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

I was actually saying I liked the Doc's quote about "when you get shot 68 times you are naturaly going to die" when put into reference that the perp died of natural causes.

As for the Perp, he shot at the cops after killing a cop. I do believe the cops had every right to defend themselves, 68 times might be an excess but it stop the idiot and got this illegal murder off our streets and not into our prison system that would have given him 3 meals a day, roof, color tv and a better medical and dental plan than most Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Not a drop of sympathy for the perp; he got exactly what was coming to him. I find it hard to believe that all the SWAT had was 68 rounds.
    He had 68 holes or hits; I'm sure there are a few rounds that hit the ground and missed the perp.

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    He had 68 holes or hits; I'm sure there are a few rounds that hit the ground and missed the perp.
    The 'legalness' of the perp is irrelevant to me. All types of individuals commit murder. I just wish there was a cheaper way to take these perps out.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    The 'legalness' of the perp is irrelevant to me. All types of individuals commit murder. I just wish there was a cheaper way to take these perps out.
    If we count the shooting time the cops used to put the 68 holes in the perp as their range time maybe we could recoup the price of the bullets in this case. Total cost of ridding the earth of this Illegal Murder would equate to a $0.00 cost to the taxpayer over and above training costs.

One of my fav Dirty Harry quotes; "Nothing wrong with a little killing as long as the right people get killed!"
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

As soon as he took a shot at the SWAT team, officers opened fire on him.
    Sounds like they gave him a chance. Not their fault he didn't take it.

Game Over...

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Mixed feelings on this one. Obviously, it was an execution by the cops, pure and simple. Yet, it was a scumbag who was executed. Good day for the gene pool; bad day for due process of law.
    +1

Government killing a citizen is very serious business.

We have only the police word that the guy killed the first cops. It is not likely, but it is not implausible the immigrant was defending himself from false arrest in the earlier shooting.

But, since the guy was slaughtered by 68 incoming rounds, we'll never know. I don't see why the cops couldn't treat it as a barricades situation. I'm not saying it could or couldn't be. I'm saying the data isn't in view.

Also, he fired on the cops in the second confrontation? So, what? Is cops ducking out of the question? Getting behind cover and negotiating as surrender? It is the difference between apprehending a suspect and executing a suspect. Certainly he wasn't behind cover--not if he took 68 rounds. Which raises the question, how could be "hiding"?

But, a dead suspect so full of holes as to be completely unsurviveable ensures we'll never know.

I would want this so thoroughly reviewed nothing could slip through.

Government killing a citizen is about as serious as it gets.

I'm torn on this one. I'm glad this guy is dead and off the streets, but the attitude about the shooting and the number of rounds fired are clear signs to worry about from our public servants.

He was an illegal alien, he wasn't about to be illegally arrested. They may have wanted to arrest him on some other (illegal) causes but he had a legal reason to be arrested.

I don't like the sheriff's quote about how if you shoot a cop you're going to die, that shouldn't be the way it works. Everyone should have the right to due process.

I think that the government should have less "rights" than the rest of us but I think the people who work for the government should have just as many as the rest of us. If I was justified to shoot and kill someone it shouldn't matter if it took me 1 round or 100 rounds. It was justified to use deadly force and I include "over kill" as deadly force. So I think if they were justified and wasn't just going for an execution then it doesn't matter that they shot him so many times.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Its mighty hard for me to celebrate SWAT-ting a guy they "know" is guilty and then taking them to task when they harm an innocent. We either respect laws or we don't.
    If he did fire at them first and they returned fire until, and only until, the threat was stopped then it had to be.
    If the man was executed its every bit as much of a sign of a broken system as when they hit the wrong address and kill an old lady.
    We should be careful cheering for the overwhelming force of the state being used to replace the judicial system.

Wow. Six years after the actual incident, and this story is still circulating on the gun boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbar View Post
    Wow. Six years after the actual incident, and this story is still circulating on the gun boards.
    Good quotes are timeless.

As for this case if one of his relitives changed his/her mind about ILLEGALLY INVADING the USA then I see more good in this case than just a bad law-breaker off the streets.

Good quotes are timeless.

As for this case if one of his relitives changed his/her mind about ILLEGALLY INVADING the USA then I see more good in this case than just a bad law-breaker off the streets.
    That's true; GOOD quotes are timeless.

This happens to be only a witty one that keeps getting dredged up by folks with "yee haw" mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    He was an illegal alien, he wasn't about to be illegally arrested. They may have wanted to arrest him on some other (illegal) causes but he had a legal reason to be arrested.

I don't like the sheriff's quote about how if you shoot a cop you're going to die, that shouldn't be the way it works. Everyone should have the right to due process.

I think that the government should have less "rights" than the rest of us but I think the people who work for the government should have just as many as the rest of us. If I was justified to shoot and kill someone it shouldn't matter if it took me 1 round or 100 rounds. It was justified to use deadly force and I include "over kill" as deadly force. So I think if they were justified and wasn't just going for an execution then it doesn't matter that they shot him so many times.
    I would say "overkill" would qualify as "excessive use of force" which is illegal. One is only supposed to use force to stop a threat and I'm pretty sure the threat would have stopped well before all those rounds were fired

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    I would say "overkill" would qualify as "excessive use of force" which is illegal. One is only supposed to use force to stop a threat and I'm pretty sure the threat would have stopped well before all those rounds were fired
    My appologies, I didn't know you where there. If you where not there then who are you to say he wasn't still a threat at bullet number 67? He might have been high on drugs or something.

Banned
    FBI agents said, under oath, they used no pyro-grenades ... 6 yrs later, they admitted that they did ... lying officers? Got promoted. Waco.

I don't believe cops w/o collaborating evidence

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    Excessive use of force is when the threat has been stopped and you continue. As short of a period of time as it takes to sling a magazine of lead the "victim's" gun was probably still pointed towards the swat members. You know much about guns or human physiology? I can dump a mag in my AR in less than 10 sec, the swat can probably do it in 4 with automatic fire. Since there was probably more than one shooting, we'll say 4 as an estimate, then they would probably have around 120 rounds loaded (assuming also they had standard 30rd mags). Now to the physiology part. If I was point at you and you took my head CLEAN off, naturally I would be dead but my muscles would need time to relax to stop me from point at you. Then you would have to take into account the reaction time of the officers. With so many inputs at once, and given the amount of adrenaline, it would be difficult to decipher the important parts that are obscured by your sight. It is hard to take a pulse anywhere further away than arms length and while someone is still pointing a gun at you and not pronounced dead then they are still a threat. I sure hope you can learn something here, because this is very basic things that I am surprised you didn't already know.

Now we'll get to the "well before" part. I consider well before, at MINIMUM to be around 30 seconds for most things. If you are like me then you are saying that the threat was stopped by the mere show of force and before the firing started? I am not saying that it didn't, but you and I weren't there so we'll just have to take the surviving members word for it. Unless you have some data to support your claim?

My appologies, I didn't know you where there. If you where not there then who are you to say he wasn't still a threat at bullet number 67? He might have been high on drugs or something.
    I don't think he was there. If he was then he probably would have had more basic knowledge of how a situation like that would be very difficult to try to use any type of thought process more than the basics. I say even 5 min after anything like this he probably wouldn't even be able to remember his name clearly. Let alone decide if the threat is stopped in the couple of seconds during the firing.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.