• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in the news KHQ interview with Jeff Hayes

Jeff Hayes

Orphan:

Have you contacted your city council representative?

hadji

I do not live in the City of Spokane so N?A on the City Counsel person.

Fetch is working on getting an appointment with the new City Attorney and Counsel people.

Because I will be out of town again for several weeks we cant push it right now.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I do not live in the City of Spokane so N?A on the City Counsel person.

Fetch is working on getting an appointment with the new City Attorney and Counsel people.

Because I will be out of town again for several weeks we cant push it right now.

I do not feel it should be all inclusive to residence of the city to address issues to the city as you are a visitor to their city and events and do not leave your rights behind. Just because you drive in or out of a city or county limits, after all that is why we have State Preemption.

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

I do not feel it should be all inclusive to residence of the city to address issues to the city as you are a visitor to their city and events and do not leave your rights behind. Just because you drive in or out of a city or county limits, after all that is why we have State Preemption.

100% agree with you. I just do not have a City Counsel person that represents me to go to to resolve this matter so I will have to address it through the City Counsel president. I have standing because I was the one on the receiving end of their unlawful law irregardless of where I reside.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
100% agree with you. I just do not have a City Counsel person that represents me to go to to resolve this matter so I will have to address it through the City Counsel president. I have standing because I was the one on the receiving end of their unlawful law irregardless of where I reside.

If your intentions are changing the ordinance and policy then one really does not need standing nor a lawsuit at this point and time, actually Thor/Fetch could move forward since you are committed.

It starts by someone going to a City Council Meeting and speak at the public comment portion and present the issue of the offending ordinance and policy being incorrectly applied, there is plenty of assistance available.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Mr. Twohig asked the Board how they would like to proceed with the legal memo about weapons in District facilities and it was the Board consensus to mail, with cover letter, next month.

MINUTES
Board of Directors
Regular Meeting
March 27, 2012
12:30 PM
Spokane Convention Center

April 10, 2012 is not available yet, but if anyone has info on it would be nice.

hadji

I do not have access, nor do other sources, to the content or
the precise delivery schedule of the legal memo mentioned in the March 27 meeting.

Typically, the wording used in the March 27 minutes would indicate that the memo
would be sent after the next meeting, which was held on April 10.

hadji

deanf

Council, not Counsel.

Please, for the sake of our cause, get your spelling and grammar right in any communication you have with council members or the media or anyone else.

Jeff Hayes

Council, not Counsel.

Please, for the sake of our cause, get your spelling and grammar right in any communication you have with council members or the media or anyone else.

Dean if you do not like my posts then I would suggest you not read them.

Just to be clear here I represent myself, I do not represent you or anyone else.

I do not see you out there doing anything for the cause. Typical of most, you seem to find the time to criticize the people that are out there in the trenches actually doing it.

My spell checker says Counsel it does not recognize Council, I don't know why its doing that.

If you don't like what I am doing or how I am doing it get your backside over to Spokane and do it your self, after all anyone has standing so go for it DUDE.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There is no good reason for the bickering.

Spell checkers can be modified - good grammar and spelling are hardly negatives - IMO these elements add to the professionalism of correspondence and therefore they will be taken more seriously.

1911er

Dean if you do not like my posts then I would suggest you not read them.

Just to be clear here I represent myself, I do not represent you or anyone else.

I do not see you out there doing anything for the cause. Typical of most, you seem to find the time to criticize the people that are out there in the trenches actually doing it.

My spell checker says Counsel it does not recognize Council, I don't know why its doing that.

If you don't like what I am doing or how I am doing it get your backside over to Spokane and do it your self, after all anyone has standing so go for it DUDE.

+100 way to go jeff

fetch

Orphan,
A couple of things, the city council has been busy, or should I say distracted, with some bs items. We could not have gotten in last night anyway.

Second, the new city attorney has finally fired Rocky Treppiedi. He is the one that told me I would have to file a lawsuit to get the city to follow state law.
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/apr/17/city-attorney-fires-treppiedi/

Things could not be more to our liking with the city. Look forward to you return.

deanf

Don't mistake my failure to log my every movement at OCDO-WA with a failure to act. I've been doing field work since the early '90s, and I carry on today.

Stretch

Council, not Counsel.

If you're going to correct one member, you had best start correcting them all. Don't be such a troll.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If you're going to correct one member, you had best start correcting them all. Don't be such a troll.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Posting in an open forum, like this, does send a message to "all." It is not be necessary, nor is it possible, to proctor everyone on spelling, definitions, and syntax. However, letters to public officials, corporate officers and the like should be as polished and professional as possible. A poorly written letter containing such errors will not command the same attention nor respect and frequently not garner the response desired.

Why anyone would take such review/correction as a personal affront is beyond me. Some here offer their letters for third party review prior to actually submitting them just because such common errors are often missed by the author. Our own mistakes look right even the 2nd and 3rd around.

Self Moderation
OCDO users are encouraged to be self-moderating (including a "word to the wise" to other posters) by the site owners. Think before you post and stay within the rules. We are an extensively viewed public forum - our accuracy and perceived image impacts much more than our personal circle of friends.

The act of pointing out an error or omission in a letter/document is not trollish. Calling someone a name for performing this service is unnecessary and a violation of forum policy and rules.

The word troll is sometimes bandied about too causally. All of us can contribute to keeping this site strong and focused by avoiding negatively directed personal remarks, name calling, and insults. More to the point, such conduct is subject to sanction.

Jeff Hayes

I typed 5 five responses to this thread and finally decided to delete all of them for various reasons.

There are several of us working together on this matter.