Thread: Jericho (TV): A treatise on the governmental abuse of authority in SHTF scenarios

Jericho (TV): A treatise on the governmental abuse of authority in SHTF scenarios

For the last week or so I've been watching past episodes of Jericho, the TV series about a Kansas town which escapes a nuclear terrorist attack against multiple targets here in the U.S.

As plausible or implausible as the scenarios may be, I've really enjoyed the way the people of the Town of Jericho deal with the many situations in which they find themselves.

For example, I'm currently watching Season 2, Ep. 4 - Oversight. It centers around a DoD-contracted agency, Ravenwood, given administrative oversight of the town. Naturally, it wouldn't be a successful TV series if it didn't include rights violations, adversity, etc.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

It was a great show shaping up to be epic. I would have LOVED a third season. I wont say more than that, as it would spoil it. But it was looking really awesome in the end. Real shame they had to kill it.

@Jack - with enough grass-roots efforts, anything can be revived, particularly when the grass grows faster than those trying to out-run it.

Season 2, Ep 7, even the lackluster second Mayor of Jericho says, circa 2:45 into the episode: "It's a lot easier to passify the country when its citizens can't shoot back."
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Season 2, Ep 7, from 20:00 and beyond.

"That's why I do what I do."

It's what we're all about. People.

All our people.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    @Jack - with enough grass-roots efforts, anything can be revived, particularly when the grass grows faster than those trying to out-run it.

Season 2, Ep 7, even the lackluster second Mayor of Jericho says, circa 2:45 into the episode: "It's a lot easier to passify the country when its citizens can't shoot back."
    The show was canceled for the second time back in 2009, and we've been trying to revive it ever since.

The last three minutes of the last episode in the second season are absolutely priceless.

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY0RFpRjVz8

I hate that good shows like that get canceled while trash like Real Housewives and Jersey Shore survive.

Quote Originally Posted by lysander6 View Post
    The last three minutes of the last episode in the second season are absolutely priceless.

I loved that part, by far my favorite of the entire series.

Regular Member The_Pennsylvanian's Avatar
    Definitely my favorite show of the last ten years . . . . I missed it on the air so watched them all online .

Man , it had so much potential.
    WI CCL # 27,4XX

The show was fantastic, and that clip would've been a fantastic launch for seasons 3-12.

To top it all off, as an Air Force brat in the '80s & '90's I saw a lot of Air Force fighters on display. I always preferred F-16s to F-15s because even though they were smaller & slower, their svelte lines and superior maneuverability made them much more pleasing to watch. To see the Texan F-16s take out the Cheyenne F-15s was the cherry on top of an already great season finale.
    Last edited by cbpeck; 03-07-2012 at 08:38 PM.

I thought this thread was going to be about Chris Jericho the pro wrestler.

Dammit, now I have to watch all the episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerClose View Post
    I thought this thread was going to be about Chris Jericho the pro wrestler.

Dammit, now I have to watch all the episodes.
    There's not that many. Two seasons, both were cut short. Totally worth it in my opinion. Just be prepared to be left wanting much more at the end of Season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by cbpeck View Post
    The show was fantastic, and that clip would've been a fantastic launch for seasons 3-12.
    I saw an article talking about which cancelled-too-soon series should be brought back to life by Netflix. Firefly was #1, of course, but Jericho was on the list too.