• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jericho (TV): A treatise on the governmental abuse of authority in SHTF scenarios

since9

Campaign Veteran
For the last week or so I've been watching past episodes of Jericho, the TV series about a Kansas town which escapes a nuclear terrorist attack against multiple targets here in the U.S.

As plausible or implausible as the scenarios may be, I've really enjoyed the way the people of the Town of Jericho deal with the many situations in which they find themselves.

For example, I'm currently watching Season 2, Ep. 4 - Oversight. It centers around a DoD-contracted agency, Ravenwood, given administrative oversight of the town. Naturally, it wouldn't be a successful TV series if it didn't include rights violations, adversity, etc.

Jack House

It was a great show shaping up to be epic. I would have LOVED a third season. I wont say more than that, as it would spoil it. But it was looking really awesome in the end. Real shame they had to kill it.

since9

Campaign Veteran
@Jack - with enough grass-roots efforts, anything can be revived, particularly when the grass grows faster than those trying to out-run it.

Season 2, Ep 7, even the lackluster second Mayor of Jericho says, circa 2:45 into the episode: "It's a lot easier to passify the country when its citizens can't shoot back."

Jack House

@Jack - with enough grass-roots efforts, anything can be revived, particularly when the grass grows faster than those trying to out-run it.

Season 2, Ep 7, even the lackluster second Mayor of Jericho says, circa 2:45 into the episode: "It's a lot easier to passify the country when its citizens can't shoot back."
The show was canceled for the second time back in 2009, and we've been trying to revive it ever since.

yz9890

I hate that good shows like that get canceled while trash like Real Housewives and Jersey Shore survive.

The_Pennsylvanian

Definitely my favorite show of the last ten years . . . . I missed it on the air so watched them all online .

Man , it had so much potential.

cbpeck

The last three minutes of the last episode in the second season are absolutely priceless.

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY0RFpRjVz8

The show was fantastic, and that clip would've been a fantastic launch for seasons 3-12.

To top it all off, as an Air Force brat in the '80s & '90's I saw a lot of Air Force fighters on display. I always preferred F-16s to F-15s because even though they were smaller & slower, their svelte lines and superior maneuverability made them much more pleasing to watch. To see the Texan F-16s take out the Cheyenne F-15s was the cherry on top of an already great season finale.

Last edited:

Jack House

I thought this thread was going to be about Chris Jericho the pro wrestler.

Dammit, now I have to watch all the episodes.
There's not that many. Two seasons, both were cut short. Totally worth it in my opinion. Just be prepared to be left wanting much more at the end of Season 2.

KBCraig

The show was fantastic, and that clip would've been a fantastic launch for seasons 3-12.

I saw an article talking about which cancelled-too-soon series should be brought back to life by Netflix. Firefly was #1, of course, but Jericho was on the list too.