Thread: Does any state require a "badge" for concealed carry?

Does any state require a "badge" for concealed carry?

Wisconsin just got a CCL passed, and I have seen some ads for concealed carry badges recently. I know that it it NOT a good idea for obvious reasons, but it got me to thinking why do they offer them?
    Anyone hear of an impersonating an officer case because of one of these?
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    Wisconsin just got a CCL passed, and I have seen some ads for concealed carry badges recently. I know that it it NOT a good idea for obvious reasons, but it got me to thinking why do they offer them?
    Someone will make and sell them because they know that someone will buy them. They are absolutely unnecessary nor are they needed at all.

Nope. There are always people trying to hoc a product that no one needs.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Hmmmmm.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Not-sure-if-serious-or-mall-ninja.jpg 
Views:	719 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	8071  

Thumbs down

Personally I think they are a real bad idea, too many cowboys would be tempted to flash the badge and a very inappropriate time which could lead to a medial feeding frenzy.

Many states have specifically made the badges illegal.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I don't think its illegal in Wisconsin, just a really dumb idea.

........, just a really dumb idea.
    Perfecty said
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

It's ok guys, I have a CONCEALED WEAPON PERMIT!

It's OK, I once played a permit holder on TV....

I recommend you get the whole set of Constitutional Rights Badges. I particularly like wearing the First, Fourth and Thirteenth Amendment badges when I leave my house.

I think I still have my OLD crossing guard badge from when I was in school... does that count...???

Serioulsy, a badge for CC is like a firearms related bumper sticker or widow decal for your vehicle.. kinda cool looking but... draws unnessesary and unwanted attention.... Bad idea....

Just Sayin.....

Outdoorsman1

Edited to add... WOW... now that is sorta funny... As soon as I posted I saw my avitar with MY FIREARM TATTOO.... and realized... being hypicritical is not somethng I am very often .... ... I suppose I can always cover the tattoo....lol
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 03-11-2012 at 09:35 PM.
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

No state requires this badge

No state requires this badge.

Stop and think about it: what's the point of carrying concealed if one is going to wear a flashy badge on his / her belt to tell the world that they are carrying a concealed weapon?
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Quote Originally Posted by MilProGuy View Post
    ... what's the point of carrying concealed if one is going to wear a flashy badge on his / her belt to tell the world that they are carrying a concealed weapon?
    While I still agree they are a bad idea and agree with my state's laws against them, I did hear one POSSIBLE good reason for their existence. If you carry concealed, you can conceal the badge next to the gun. If the wind blows your coat up and someone sees a flash image of the gun, they also see a flash image of a badge, and it might cause less hassles. However, this would be because people are idiots. I maintain they are STILL a very bad idea even if legal in your area.

Badges are for hall monitors. In general, why would a citizen want to do ANYTHING to act like a hall monitor? We are proud of the fact the we have the same rights to be armed as the hall monitors are.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    While I still agree they are a bad idea and agree with my state's laws against them, I did hear one POSSIBLE good reason for their existence. If you carry concealed, you can conceal the badge next to the gun. If the wind blows your coat up and someone sees a flash image of the gun, they also see a flash image of a badge, and it might cause less hassles. However, this would be because people are idiots. I maintain they are STILL a very bad idea even if legal in your area.

Badges are for hall monitors. In general, why would a citizen want to do ANYTHING to act like a hall monitor? We are proud of the fact the we have the same rights to be armed as the hall monitors are.

Comes very close to impersonating, IMO.

Depends on what state laws are for badges. What about the toy sheriff's badge sold at K-Mart next to the squirt guns? IMHO, cop badges should not be viewed with any authority, either, as they are too easy to fake. Too many women (especially) have fallen victim to such tactics.
    Last edited by MAC702; 03-11-2012 at 11:25 PM.

This too varies by state. In Washington you can dress up exactly like an officer, as long as you do not actually try to use an officer's authority in any way.

Why wear a badge? There's a chance someone will not be able to see it.

Fix that problem with one of these - Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ccwprod.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	8115 . You can get it here http://www.dsmsafety.com/home.html but I'm not sure why you would want to.*

For one of the best rants on the whole subject, go here http://tacticaltupperware.com/?p=865 . Be sure to follow the link to his rant on badges.

stay safe.

ETA - just checked the website - it seems the CCW & ARMED sashes were laughed off their product list. How sad.
    Last edited by skidmark; 03-12-2012 at 07:57 AM.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit