• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Met a hot head on the road today

lincomores

My wife just told me we need to move lol. We do, Florissant is becoming pretty dangerous.

I was raised in the unincorporated Stl. County / Florissant area.
I was there a couple of weeks ago working on my mom's old house to ready for sale...
My brother still maintains a house there.
As you said, it has become a dangerous place.

I grew up on a 93 acre family farm.
I saw it turn from pure country to paved over suburbia
and now to pretty much a wasteland, in my opinion.
shameful

Redbaron007

Good Job Tony! Glad you are alright...very smart move to contact the authorities!

Sometimes its hard for others to read words and picture the thought being described.

Festus and VW might need that manthong hug....but I don't want to be around and see it! The imagination is enough....I think I'm scarred for life now!! :lol:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I think you should have just stopped, hopped out of the truck with your assless chaps and told him you were a fireman. Anyone BA enough to fight fires with assless chaps is not someone I am going to mess with at all!

sawah

Holy Cow, you guys do not know this is a forum where we discuss stuff? I have no negative comments on the gentleman PERSONALLY. I'm talking about how we ALL sometimes think we're de-escalating on the road, but when our friends help us analyze it we see room for improvement, see where we are mistaken because EVERYONE feels entitled behind the wheel of a car.

We did not have all the fact when he posted. I'd urge him to drive that location AGAIN when calm and see if there were not really any exits or escapes from the confrontation. If none exist then he's probably done due diligence and did not escalate.

REALteach4u

Are you sure you didn't leave those on the roof of your car and he just picked them up? (not a serious question)

Good job Tony. Fortunately you'll never know the answer to the "what if" question on this one.