Thread: Where cant i open carry in missouri?

Where cant i open carry in missouri?

i have cc for a couple of years and have been thinking about open carrying. the only reason im unsure about it is because i dont know exactly where you cant open carry. in what towns is it illegal to oc? also i know what types of establishments you cant cc in but can you open carry in any of the places that ban cc? what about places like banks? i probably would oc in banks and places like that, i just want to be clear on the laws and rules before i go anywhere. i got my ccw permit because i wanted to conceal legally and i want to make sure i am oc legally as well. i live in bates city (30 miles east of kcmo). the towns i spend the most time in is bates city, oak grove, grain valley, blue springs, independence, lees summit, and kansas city. is open carry legal in all of these cities? thanks in advance for any help and advice

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by jimogden View Post
    i have cc for a couple of years and have been thinking about open carrying. the only reason im unsure about it is because i dont know exactly where you cant open carry.
    No one can effectively answer this for you, you have to check the ordinances for each and every one and you need to do so often as they can change those ordinances as often as they meet.

If you disapprove, write your state rep and tell them to support OC across the state of MO, bills HB1638 and SB 680 get that done.

Good luck and welcome to the jungle.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."