• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where cant i open carry in missouri?

jimogden

i have cc for a couple of years and have been thinking about open carrying. the only reason im unsure about it is because i dont know exactly where you cant open carry. in what towns is it illegal to oc? also i know what types of establishments you cant cc in but can you open carry in any of the places that ban cc? what about places like banks? i probably would oc in banks and places like that, i just want to be clear on the laws and rules before i go anywhere. i got my ccw permit because i wanted to conceal legally and i want to make sure i am oc legally as well. i live in bates city (30 miles east of kcmo). the towns i spend the most time in is bates city, oak grove, grain valley, blue springs, independence, lees summit, and kansas city. is open carry legal in all of these cities? thanks in advance for any help and advice

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
i have cc for a couple of years and have been thinking about open carrying. the only reason im unsure about it is because i dont know exactly where you cant open carry.

No one can effectively answer this for you, you have to check the ordinances for each and every one and you need to do so often as they can change those ordinances as often as they meet.

If you disapprove, write your state rep and tell them to support OC across the state of MO, bills HB1638 and SB 680 get that done.

Good luck and welcome to the jungle.