Thread: XDm 3.8 45 Compact Holster

XDm 3.8 45 Compact Holster

Could any one recommend a holster for OC'ing a XDm 3.8 45 Compact. I just placed one on layaway with a gun store and am looking for a open carry holster for it. If anyone owns this gun any pictures of the holster you use and how it carries would be a great help thanks.
    WTT: Glock 27 for Glock 26

I use a Blackhawk Holster for my full sized xdm and got the belt loop attachment for it

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Lev...,1175,1412.htm

I've got a XDm .40 SC and like my Safariland ALS. Not sure if they make it for the new .45 SC yet, but worth a look.

--
    Peace. ~G
    Carry weapon: SA XDm .40 SC + 11rd Ranger SXT 180gr

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've been hitting up the holster makers apparently none of them carry holsters for that model currently. I think I might have to go with a custom leather but that involves a couple of months of waiting.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

xdm 45 3.8 compact holster

I have this same pistol I'm using a tagua gun leather holster it is for inside the waist and in the belt very nice fit also doesn't feel like its going to fall out or move around at all just an option but I like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0989.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	8103  

For a nice pancake style holster I hit up John at NTAC. He makes nice Kydex holsters. They are pretty much like the RCC holsters but he changed somethings. I picked one up for my M&P and totally, absolutely loved it. I don't know if he has one for that gun but, if you shoot him a message I think he can make you one. The only downfall to it is that it will scuff the finish. Other than that me likey alot.

Quote Originally Posted by badger54 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've been hitting up the holster makers apparently none of them carry holsters for that model currently. I think I might have to go with a custom leather but that involves a couple of months of waiting.

The Serpa for the XD should fit. I bought one for my XDM 9mm Compact and my full sized XDM 45 fits just fine in it too (although obviously not at the same time)

I use the CQC when I OC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332693150.833543.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	8212  

Thanks for all the info. I'm going to definalatly get a serpa for the XDm. I have one for my Glock and love it. It's my regular winter holster. I wish desantis made the old style paddle viper paddle. This gun would look great in one for dress up occasions.

Since the Serpa and the Safariland ALS holsters are very close in price and there are not multiple videos of people shooting themselves or the holster malfunctioning with the Safariland ALS it should be a simple choice of which one to use.

I just ordered a raven concealment holster. It fits the 3.8 which I had a hard time finding and also has the option for my TLR-1 light attachment. Hope this helps! it took me forever to find this.