Thread: New Gun Law Changes?

New Gun Law Changes?

I was watching the news this morning and they were talking about Greensboro postponing their second vote to ban CC in parks. The reason given for the delay is that the NC G.A. was making some changes to gun laws and they were waiting to find out about the changes before voting on their own gun law changes. Does anyone have a clue what they might be talking about because I can't find anything.
    "God, Guns, & Guts Made America, Lets Use All 3!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by smlawrence View Post
    I was watching the news this morning and they were talking about Greensboro postponing their second vote to ban CC in parks. The reason given for the delay is that the NC G.A. was making some changes to gun laws and they were waiting to find out about the changes before voting on their own gun law changes. Does anyone have a clue what they might be talking about because I can't find anything.
    They are talking about HB650 which took effect last year. They are trying to "legally" figure out how to ignore what the law says.

NC AG Roy Cooper is up for re-election this year.

The good people of NC owe it to themselves to do EVERYTHING they can to ensure he does not see another term--he is an enemy of the 2A, and needs to be shown the door.

Maybe he can contact the same moving van company that Governor Perdue is using--perhaps they can get a "group rate"...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 03-07-2012 at 10:58 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by cricketdad View Post
    They are talking about HB650 which took effect last year. They are trying to "legally" figure out how to ignore what the law says.
    Any chance someone is moving to clarify things through HB 111? Although Hickory got it right, it would be nice for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Any chance someone is moving to clarify things through HB 111? Although Hickory got it right, it would be nice for everyone else.
    One of the Senators has mentioned it. Don't remember who it was. My personal opinion, I don't think it will happen in the short session. Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    NC AG Roy Cooper is up for re-election this year.

The good people of NC owe it to themselves to do EVERYTHING they can to ensure he does not see another term--he is an enemy of the 2A, and needs to be shown the door.

Maybe he can contact the same moving van company that Governor Perdue is using--perhaps they can get a "group rate"...
    Not gonna happen. Cooper is running unopposed.

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    Let's start a write-in campaign: Vote Richard Creighton for NC Attorney General

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    Carry on!

They had already spoken about the bill that took effect Dec 1 2011. I think they were referring to something else. The reason for their voting is to try to get around that bill but they decided to wait because of something that is in the works right now. Just curious what is in process currently.
    "God, Guns, & Guts Made America, Lets Use All 3!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by smlawrence View Post
    My guess is that the reference is to the possibility of the GA taking HB111 off the shelf and giving it a reading when they convene in May. HB111 contains the language that will allow for CHP holders to carry concealed in establishments where alcohol is sold and consumed. There's also the possibility that things could be added or removed from the existing bill so that is what I'm guessing the reference is.

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
    My guess is that the reference is to the possibility of the GA taking HB111 off the shelf and giving it a reading when they convene in May. HB111 contains the language that will allow for CHP holders to carry concealed in establishments where alcohol is sold and consumed. There's also the possibility that things could be added or removed from the existing bill so that is what I'm guessing the reference is.
    I have gone back and looked through a lot of emails dealing with Greensboro. The only reference I could find about some "law" being changed was their own ordinances. Which leads me to conclude that the media may not have a clue about what they are reporting.

I have gone back and looked through a lot of emails dealing with Greensboro. The only reference I could find about some "law" being changed was their own ordinances. Which leads me to conclude that the media may not have a clue about what they are reporting.
    lol

Come on now, you're going to have to do better than that. We can all count on news reports being dead-on accurate. Something must be wrong with your emails or something

It would be great if they can add places of "paid admission" to the list too.

lol

Come on now, you're going to have to do better than that. We can all count on news reports being dead-on accurate. Something must be wrong with your emails or something
    Could be, my eyes turned 63 today, don't read like they used to.

Could be, my eyes turned 63 today, don't read like they used to.
    Happy birthday, good Sir.