Thread: Illinois Police Say to Protect Yourself with a Comb!

Illinois Police Say to Protect Yourself with a Comb!

ROCKFORD — Women who log onto an Illinois State Police Web page will find they are advised to protect themselves with a “rat tail comb, keys, pens and pencils” against an assailant armed with a gun or knife.

As a last resort, women are told put their fingers into their throats and to make themselves vomit, apparently to make themselves less attractive.

“I find that demeaning and insulting,” said Valinda Rowe, IllinoisCarry.com spokeswoman.

Rowe, the 2011 National Second Amendment Grassroots Activist of the Year and an NRA-certified firearms instructor, said “I believe other women would prefer to carry a .38, .45 or 9 mm.”
    Link

If the Illinois State Police believe these methods are so effective against an assailant, why are they still carrying guns, batons, tasers and cuffs?

Banned
    Well they gotta say something ! And the answer cannot be: carry a gun,,right?

Comical. Chicago aldermen can carry guns ... but not you !

Hahahaha ...

After a decade the ISP remove offensive web page.

The Illinois State Police have finally removed the web page with the recommendations for women on self defense that included "vomit on yourself".

After some news sources made reference to the page publicly I think they were a tad embarrassed and removed the offensive pages.

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by lockman View Post
    The Illinois State Police have finally removed the web page with the recommendations for women on self defense that included "vomit on yourself".

After some news sources made reference to the page publicly I think they were a tad embarrassed and removed the offensive pages.
    I think your best bet would be to choose another state to live in and pay taxes to. Maybe if all the good folk moved out of the state and left the crooks there to consume it. Then the state could safely implode and there would be no real loss

Open vomit!

Wow I wonder if you would be arrested for assault if any gets on the perp?