Thread: Open Carry Lunch In Kalamazoo @ 1pm March 24th

Open Carry Lunch In Kalamazoo @ 1pm March 31st

Hey guys, I'd like to host another OC lunch here in Kzoo.

I was just gonna throw it up here for Theo and Stacy's, it is a great place, but we've done two there in the past 3 months. So I'd like to know if you guys would like that again or to suggest a different place that doesn't have a liquor license?

Let me know where you guys would like to have lunch and I will get it set up and posted on FB and MOC.

Note: Date has changed to the 31st!
    Last edited by bmward64; 03-08-2012 at 07:49 PM.

Regular Member quarter horseman's Avatar

Derk's is another place to try

Derks on Sprinkle just south of I94, I have been there once CCed in wearing a coat and OCed at the table with no problems. I dont think they have beer wine but you will want to call to make sure. I can try to make it like most other meet and eats but I am a very busy person and might not make it.

Quote Originally Posted by bmward64 View Post
    Hey guys, I'd like to host another OC lunch here in Kzoo.

I was just gonna throw it up here for Theo and Stacy's, it is a great place, but we've done two there in the past 3 months. So I'd like to know if you guys would like that again or to suggest a different place that doesn't have a liquor license?

Let me know where you guys would like to have lunch and I will get it set up and posted on FB and MOC.
    If I can make it I will. I think Theo and Stacy's would be best, from the sound of it they're very good to us and the food is good.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Regular Member quarter horseman's Avatar
    Yes Theo and Stacy's has always welcomed us from the first meeting there in Feb of 09 (I think that was the date it may have been Nov 08) and yes they have great food. I think bmward64 is just looking to go try a new place but I am up for anywhere yall choose.

I do love Theo's, I just didn't want to tire people of it is all.

However lets move the date back a week to the 31st. I didn't realize that Adam is hosting a lunch and seminar on the 24th at 2pm at Denny's with the seminar at Freedom Firearms.

You should all go to that btw...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...38#post1717038

PM an admin and they can change the title for ya.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

I do love Theo's, I just didn't want to tire people of it is all.

However lets move the date back a week to the 31st. I didn't realize that Adam is hosting a lunch and seminar on the 24th at 2pm at Denny's with the seminar at Freedom Firearms.

You should all go to that btw...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...38#post1717038
    Finally, one I can go to... I will come if it is on the 31st.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Sorry I haven't posted since...

It is on, March 31st, lets say... 1pm

It is set with Theo and Stacy's, and they have always loved our company.

See you all there!

What street is the place on? It sure would be a change to go somewhere and not be the only one OCing.

This is on S. Westnedge.

Just make sure youre aware of the date. The date was changed to next weekend the 31st, just so youre not the only one there ;-)
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Thanks Yance.

The address is: 4311 South Westnedge Avenue Kalamazoo MI. It will be held on the 31st (one week from today) at 1pm.

Q: Could you post this on FB?
    Last edited by bmward64; 03-24-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Last edited by TheQ; 03-24-2012 at 11:20 AM.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    You left him speechless...I've never witnessed this before.
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

31st... Today!

Thanks Yance.

The address is: 4311 South Westnedge Avenue Kalamazoo MI. It will be held on the 31st (one week from today) at 1pm.

Q: Could you post this on FB?
    Is this still on... I think the Adam has unstickied it do to the old title.

------

Well I'll be there regardless.
    Last edited by Golden Eagle; 03-31-2012 at 10:42 AM.
    The news media plays politics more than the politicians do.

Yes!

I will be there!!! lol

I think this event is a bit FUBAR. But I will be going there for lunch and hoping to see a few of you there.

Good times, good food!

Met some new folks, always a good thing!
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)