• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone in West Haven have any permit issues?

KIX

Judging by the response, you'll get your permit, via appeal, long before they would've ever even made a decision.

I'd contact your representative (Dargan) and let him know of the issues you, as a constituent, are having. This is EXACTLY what he needs to hear as he sits on a committee that is very important to gun owners. He co-chairs the public safety committee.

Jonathan

IH8SPM

Judging by the response, you'll get your permit, via appeal, long before they would've ever even made a decision.

I'd contact your representative (Dargan) and let him know of the issues you, as a constituent, are having. This is EXACTLY what he needs to hear as he sits on a committee that is very important to gun owners. He co-chairs the public safety committee.

Jonathan
I will calling him first thing in the morning.

Last edited:

Rich B

PHP:

WELL today marks 8 weeks since I dropped off my application to be permitted to a right to carry. I called and some civilian informed me it could take a while even upto a year because the application goes to slot places. What bs. When I said I already called Middletown and the FBI she said to call back next week if I don't hear anything. I going to look at filing an appeal.
I guess west haven is part of the we don't know the states group. I was almost certain this was going to happen from the day I applied.

Have you emailed me your information yet?

rich [at] ctcarry.com

IH8SPM

Yes.

SPBI sends fingerprints to FBI, FBI's automated system returns them to SPBI (usually within 48 hours), and SPBI sends them back to PD.

Update
Spoke to SPBI today and my prints were returned on 3/15 to WHPD. FYI the male supervisor that was working there has been reassigned and everyone seems to be very helpful again. So the local PD is holding up the process since I also spoke to fingerprinting and she (hard to pronounce name) said they are all caught up. Good news I guess for new applicants?? Still sucks for me.

Rich
Thanks and sorry about the half emails phone has been on the brinks today.

IH8SPM

Jonathan[/QUOTE]
I spoke to him this morning, he is very interested in seeing this through. I will keep you updated. Thanks for tip.

IH8SPM

Jonathan
I spoke to him this morning, he is very interested in seeing this through. I will keep you updated. Thanks for tip.[/QUOTE]

Update

permit will be ready on Monday. Spoke to the detective who handles the permits and he was working on it? What's there to work on? i will keep all interested and helpful members updated.

Last edited:

KIX

Excellent news.

Given that Dargan deals with our issues as cochair of the committee, we need to have his constituents notify him when there is an issue so he knows there are indeed problems.

We're getting there.....

Jonathan

IH8SPM

If I haven't taken the time to say it THANK YOU! That's for all who have provided input and spent so much personal time helping us.

IH8SPM

So I get home today to hear that 5 other residents will receive their permits on Monday. Great news but why Monday? Is there a long list of appeals or something. I guess I'll ask on Monday.

KIX

The tree has been shaken.

What Rich said. There are now people helping citizens navigate this nonsense and now it's not as easy for the towns to play this nonsense.

I don't see our groups giving up any time soon.

I think getting in touch with Dargan was a good move as well.

Jonathan

IH8SPM

What Rich said. There are now people helping citizens navigate this nonsense and now it's not as easy for the towns to play this nonsense.

I don't see our groups giving up any time soon.

I think getting in touch with Dargan was a good move as well.

Jonathan

Agreed! Last time I spoke to someone that sounded as interested in getting more info I was speaking to my attorney about a settlement. He is looking like all of us concerned to create a uniform process.

Rich
Totally agree! Only difference is we can keep shaken and they have to pick up the pieces. I'm very happy for those who got the call (5 shooting buddies) and in a way wonder how much my small part in this puzzle helped? Of course back in Febuary I knew nothing about nothing.

I'm going to get a new application when I go to see what's changed if anything. Conincidently they did transfer a supervisor in Middletown.

Thanks all

IH8SPM

I spoke to him this morning, he is very interested in seeing this through. I will keep you updated. Thanks for tip.

Update

permit will be ready on Monday. Spoke to the detective who handles the permits and he was working on it? What's there to work on? i will keep all interested and helpful members updated.[/QUOTE]

Update again

Today I received a certified letter fom whpd dated 4/18 stating my permit was ready for pick up. It was post marked 4/20. I should gave received 4/23 but as you know by now I was in Middletown getting the State permit. I find this to be very odd and figured I would share.

IH8SPM

Rich thanks for your advice and Jonathan thanks for asking about WH. I will scan the additional requested items and email them to ya.

Rich
I emailed you the documents. Jonathan I didnt have your email so please check with Rich or Pm it to me.

Let me know if you need anything else.