• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Family of Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch seeks arrest

wrightme

Ahhh African American news source so clearly they are lying...

Didn't take long for the bias to show up... Eh?

Well, given that it is the ONLY source with that content........

I am not biased against such, but when they have a version not corroborated by any other, it is questionable.

wrightme

lost sight of Martin and was returning to his SUV when the teen approached him. The two exchanged words, according to Zimmerman, who said Martin then punched him in the nose.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/26/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html?c=&page=2

Oh wait... Loony leftist media is lying too?

I do not see the quotes attributed to either Z or M in that one.

But, it is of note that BOTH of those articles you linked DO indicate that Martin was the aggressor.

Last edited:

Stanley

Sanford police on Thursday also challenged a WFTV-Channel 9 report, in which Mary Cutcher said police largely ignored her even though she told them, "I know this was not self-defense. There was no punching, no hitting going on at the time, no wrestling."
Police said they twice tried to interview her without success, and the third time, she wrote a very short sworn statement for her roommate that was consistent with Zimmerman's account.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...obert-zimmerman-letter-unarmed-black-teenager

Yet the Sanford PD won't release the alleged sworn statement...

Stanley

Zimmerman said he had stepped out of his truck to check the name of the street he was on when Trayvon attacked him from behind as he walked back to his truck, police said. He said he feared for his life and fired the semiautomatic handgun he was licensed to carry because he feared for his life.

“The department will conduct a thorough and independent review of all of the evidence and take appropriate action at the conclusion of the investigation,” the Justice Department said in a statement. “The department also is providing assistance to and cooperating with the state officials in their investigation into the incident. With all federal civil rights crimes, the government must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a person acted intentionally and with the specific intent to do something which the law forbids — the highest level of intent in criminal law.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/19/2703029/us-department-of-justice-fbi-and.html#storylink=cpy

Hunterdave

So then anyone defending themselves as someone approaches them at night CAN'T shoot them?

That'll do wonders for the castle doctrine an syg laws...

False... When you have a reasonable fear that your life is in danger you can defend it. Not just when the bad guy does something "tangible," whatever that's supposed to mean...

But... A man comes up I you quickly in the dark after following you doesn't equal a tangible threat??? On what planet???

Your grasping at straws.Castle doctrine has to do with someone being in or around your home doing criminal acts and does not apply to these
scenario's. You just keep trying to muddy the waters . You also keep implying Mr Z did something threatening.

So any jogger running in your direction at night you shoot? And people that approach asking directions?

Come on, fess up. Your Al Sharpton.

Stanley

Conflicting stories...

Z states he talked to Z and was punched in the face or Z states he was attacked from behind...

Either Z is lying or the police are...

Last edited:

wrightme

Sanford police on Thursday also challenged a WFTV-Channel 9 report, in which Mary Cutcher said police largely ignored her even though she told them, "I know this was not self-defense. There was no punching, no hitting going on at the time, no wrestling."
Police said they twice tried to interview her without success, and the third time, she wrote a very short sworn statement for her roommate that was consistent with Zimmerman's account.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...obert-zimmerman-letter-unarmed-black-teenager

Yet the Sanford PD won't release the alleged sworn statement...

Correct. They are actually releasing very little information. In fact, the two articles you linked earlier indicate that the city was upset at the leaks of that information.

Stanley

Your grasping at straws.Castle doctrine has to do with someone being in or around your home doing criminal acts and does not apply to these
scenario's. You just keep trying to muddy the waters . You also keep implying Mr Z did something threatening.

So any jogger running in your direction at night you shoot? And people that approach asking directions?

False comparison, a jogger is not gonna be following you around. ;)

You got me! I'm Al Sharpton!!! Lol

wrightme

scenario's.
You just keep trying to muddy the waters . You also keep implying Mr Z did something threatening.

Actually, castle doctrine can easily extend beyond the home. Specifically, in FL, it is 'stand your ground,' which includes places where you are legally able to be.

Stanley

???

How so? The two are not mutually exclusive. Why are you so set upon proving Z to be at fault?

I'm not, I'm not the FBI I just wonder why you assume he's innocent.

What? Am I not allowed to think so?

Half this forum thinks men in suits are coming for their civil rights for all sorts of silly stuff. But me not buying this hype is strange?

I've seen like 40 posts about UN soldiers coming to take over. But thinking Z could be guilty and his sort doesn't add up is strange...

Lololol

Last edited:

wrightme

I'm not, I'm not the FBI I just wonder why you assume he's innocent.
I assume he is innocent, until he is proven guilty.

And, I haven't seen compelling evidence of guilt. Why are you trying so hard to prove him guilty? If you are not set upon proving him guilty, why do you continue to do exactly that?

And, more to the point, NONE of us have actual information about the case. We only have what has shown up in the media, whether it is correct or incorrect. Until shown otherwise, I will tend to believe the official statements from the local LE and City sources, and tend to disbelieve information that isn't from those sources. For instance, the fabrications the family's lawyer presents.

Last edited:

ComradeV

Campaign Veteran
Unfortunately, eye witness testimony is notoriously unreliable and given Zimmerman's head injuries there is a high likelihood he has lost some memories of the events and some inconsistency could be expected.

This doesn't mean he didn't lie, nor does it mean he did.
It seems the whole incident transpired so quickly and without video graphic evidence we can likely never know the whole truth of the matter.

Stanley

I assume he is innocent, until he is proven guilty.

And, I haven't seen compelling evidence of guilt. Why are you trying so hard to prove him guilty? If you are not set upon proving him guilty, why do you continue to do exactly that?

I haven't seen compelling evidence of innocence. Or of M's guilt. <- oops

Your edit notwithstanding.

Shrug...

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Fact - this is not a Castle Doctrine issue.

Fact - the investigation is still in progress.

Fact - everything else is either speculation or 2nd and 3rd hand reporting.

Fact - there are those rushing to judgement and even some "dancing" in the blood.

We should be above the personal comments and give the system a chance to work.

Stanley

As I said earlier, while compelling evidence of his innocence would be good, it isn't necessary. All it takes is a lack of evidence of his guilt.

I am not the government...

I am not required to consider him innocent until proven guilty.

What's more regardless if what the police say or a jury says I can still feel or believe the opposite. Even the truth could be the opposite...

Show me some undeniable evidence or I'm gonna say he's guilty. Kinda like most people say OJ was guilty despite being not guilty... ;)

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We do have a standard here though of not prejudging, of maintaining an open mind.

Have generally found that the media is the least reliable source of good information - unfortunately at this point they are the only source.

This forum attempts to hold up our image as responsible and fair minded people. No good comes from innuendo or promoting ill will.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Actually, castle doctrine can easily extend beyond the home. Specifically, in FL, it is 'stand your ground,' which includes places where you are legally able to be.

Castle doctrine ≠ stand your ground.

Although they both may be codified by the same statute, or even using the same wording.