• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCU Crime Watch: Another armed robbery

Repeater

Perhaps it's time to create a VCU 'sticky' to monitor all armed crime events around campus where Sheeple beg for mercy.

VCU student robbed at gunpoint near campus parking deck
A Virginia Commonwealth University student escaped injury when she was robbed at gunpoint.

Richmond police said the robbery occurred at 1:55 p.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of Gilmer Street, outside a campus parking deck that adjoins a student apartment building near the intersection of Broad and Belvidere streets.

Police said the suspect was crouched beside a parked car, confronted the woman when she approached and lifted his shirt to show a handgun tucked into his waistband while he demanded her purse, which contained a cell phone and credit card.

The suspect, who fled north on Gilmer, was described as a black man, 26 to 29 years old, wearing a tan jacket and black cap and carrying a bookbag.

I disagree with the first sentence. The phrase "escaped injury" makes her sound pathetic. However, it's the word "gunpoint" that concerns me. The 3rd paragraph suggests brandishing only, but gunpoint would mean actually pointing a gun at you. Did that happen or not?

Note the RTD continues to leave out the most important fact: students are required to be defenseless. This makes all of them inviting targets.

wylde007

Would that be "brandishing" or "assault with a deadly weapon"? You don't have to actually touch someone to commit assault, only imply that you are going to. §18.2-57

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

I disagree with the first sentence. The phrase "escaped injury" makes her sound pathetic. However, it's the word "gunpoint" that concerns me. The 3rd paragraph suggests brandishing only, but gunpoint would mean actually pointing a gun at you. Did that happen or not?

Accordiung to the 4th Estate, the existence of a handgun within the boundaries of the geopolitical locality qualifies for the robbery to be both "armed" and "at gunpoint". Your insistence on precise discriptive language merely indicates that you are one of those bitter, clinging conservatives.

stay safe.