• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Springfield XD .45 ACP?

Doc_Smith

I was wondering if anyone had anything to say about it good or bad? Im looking to buy my first handgun when I get back to the United States in a few days and this caught my eye. Any help would be appreciated.

HighFlyingA380

I got a XD40 Service for my first semi-auto about 10 months ago. Absolutely love it!!! They are cheaper than Glocks, but I feel just as reliable and strong. The grip angle isn't as extreme, so I have a much better natural point of aim compared to Glocks. I think they just look better overall, too. I do have to say that Glock does have more aftermarket parts and toys for 'em, but there's plenty for me. Since it's my primary EDC, I'm not concerned with that as much. Even if I was, I don't have money to buy the extras, so that doesn't really matter. I'd say go for it! I wouldn't trade my XD for anything. (except maybe a .50 Desert Eagle)

Last edited:

dmatting

I was wondering if anyone had anything to say about it good or bad? Im looking to buy my first handgun when I get back to the United States in a few days and this caught my eye. Any help would be appreciated.

I love my XD .45 Service model. Fits very nicely in my hand and I like the trigger. I can't say anything bad about it. I haven't had any FTEs, FTFs or any other failures at the range. I'm with HighFlying - I wouldn't trade it for anything.

2012-03-03_19-59-01_953.jpg

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
ad494d13-2a38-8dc9.jpg

Enough said. This was my first handgun purchase and I still love carrying it 15 guns later. Absolutely reliable. You will not go wrong with buying one!!

Xulld

I have not shot the .45 version, but I really enjoyed the 9mm XD. I would probably get an XDM if I was going to pick one up.

Baked on Grease

I have not shot the .45 version, but I really enjoyed the 9mm XD. I would probably get an XDM if I was going to pick one up.

This. The XDm is truly worth the extra money. I shot for a while with the medium grip, did well. Changed to the smaller grip did better but less control for quick reacquiring target. Changed to large back strap and now it's sweet.

I bought myself a 1911 a little while ago, I shoot pretty well with it. Still love to shoot it. But after a few months I went back to my XDm, it just feels better to me.

Sent using tapatalk

Hardbuck90

I own an XD .45 tactical and it will probably be all I ever own. As stated the grip angle is a little better, in my opinion. The grip isn't as wide either, it's a good middle ground. I am a huge fan of the grip style safety and how effective it is and I have done a few short torture tests ( can't be to mean to my baby :D ) and it just keeps on performing

Zdoom

Would say that the XDM .45 ACP is the way to go. Have carried a 4.5" and love it have put around 2k down range with it.

xd shooter

Can't add much more except +1.

Have carried my XD .45 for close to 2 years now, I shoot IDPA with it almost every month.

Reliable, accurate, powerful.

robert1970

springfeil xd

i just bought the same gun so far i like it i would recommend it to you

robert1970

taurus

i also love my 2inch concelled hamer taurus in 357 mag the only downside its a little hard to handle with full powerded 357 rounds

GlockIt

I bought a Glock 19 for concealed carry its a nice gun I love it.

Im looking for more of an open carry gun for the summer time.
Something a bit bigger like a .45. Im thinking about going
with a Springfield but im not to sure about the backstrap
safety.

Im use to the Glock and love that theres no external safetys.

If Springfield had no external safety
id get one for sure.

Id like to carry more than one brand of pistol,
but not sure if I can get away from the Glocks.

If I can, im definently going with a Springfield next.

spiderjohn

I bought a Glock 19 for concealed carry its a nice gun I love it.

Im looking for more of an open carry gun for the summer time.
Something a bit bigger like a .45. Im thinking about going
with a Springfield but im not to sure about the backstrap
safety.

Im use to the Glock and love that theres no external safetys.

If Springfield had no external safety
id get one for sure.

Id like to carry more than one brand of pistol,
but not sure if I can get away from the Glocks.

If I can, im definently going with a Springfield next.

Do you hold the grip when you shoot? If so, you shouldn't have a problem. It is not an external 'safety' per se.

GuidoZ

I'm with everyone else who loves their XDm! I have the 40 sub-compact for carry. Never had any issues with it (FTF etc), easy to break down like a Glock, yet the grib, as mentioned, just feels more natural. I like the ability to change the grip as well. And with the extended mag, it feels just like a full size.

--
Peace. ~G

JB248

I love my XD9 4" Service model. I have shot the XD45 a good bit too. I only went with 9mm because it was my first handgun and I wanted to be able to afford shooting more.

You will not be disappointed.