Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: Chuck E Cheese

  1. #1
    Regular Member Vitaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington
    Posts
    593

    Chuck E Cheese

    Finally found a company that makes it very clear their position on firearms.

    "No firearms allowed. Possession of a firearm will result in being trespassed"

    This is much clearer than the ghostbuster sign with a firearm in it or a random citation of the RCW's. Don't necessarily agree on the declaration of a victim zone, but I appreciate the clarity.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Posts
    1,552
    Chuck E. Cheese is one place you really should have a weapon to protect yourself, given the pandemic of thug violence that has taken place at its stores in recent years.

  3. #3
    Regular Member sst0185's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Va Beach
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    Chuck E. Cheese is one place you really should have a weapon to protect yourself, given the pandemic of thug violence that has taken place at its stores in recent years.

    That must mean I will never ever have to enter one again. There is a g-d!
    Last edited by sst0185; 03-08-2012 at 04:57 PM.

  4. #4
    Regular Member hermannr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Okanogan Highland
    Posts
    2,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitaeus View Post
    Finally found a company that makes it very clear their position on firearms.

    "No firearms allowed. Possession of a firearm will result in being trespassed"

    This is much clearer than the ghostbuster sign with a firearm in it or a random citation of the RCW's. Don't necessarily agree on the declaration of a victim zone, but I appreciate the clarity.
    Their intention may be clear, but their understanding of the law is not. They can not have you charged with tresspassing, unless they verbally tell you to leave, and you refuse. Posting a sign does not mean squat in WA. "No habla Inglase"

  5. #5
    Regular Member 1911er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Port Orchard Wa. /Granite Oklahoma
    Posts
    836

    Start eating at Pizza Hut

    I sent the following to there corporate office


    It was recently brought to my attention that your stores are free victom zones (gun free zones)as I noticed you have no gaurds there to protect my family and I. We will be buying our pizza elsewhere. where I can protect them myself. If my gun isn't welcome neither is my money good luck in the future as I will be letting my freinds know of your policy.

    XXXXX XXXX XXXXXXX
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

    DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

    I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

    All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    Their intention may be clear, but their understanding of the law is not. They can not have you charged with tresspassing, unless they verbally tell you to leave, and you refuse. Posting a sign does not mean squat in WA. "No habla Inglase"
    Doesn't say you will be charged, says you will be trespassed, meaning they will ask you to leave.

  7. #7
    Activist Member golddigger14s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lacey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,990
    My daughter has the distinct pleasure of working at CEC in Olympia. In the employee training they are taught to ask even CCer's to leave if they accidentally make it visable. CEC is not only a GFZ, but an edible food free zone. For those that have not been in one, trust me you are not missing anything. The only reason to have a gun at CEC is to shoot yourself for even thinking about going in the place.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

  8. #8
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    SNIP The only reason to have a gun at CEC is to shoot yourself for even thinking about going in the place.
    LOL!!!!!

    There are thousands of better places to eat. Plus it's probably safer for the kids if they never step foot in CEC.

    http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...ire&id=7940526

    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...#39;s-20120116
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  9. #9
    Regular Member Hardbuck90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobart, WA
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by 5918mike View Post
    Doesn't say you will be charged, says you will be trespassed, meaning they will ask you to leave.
    Being trespassed doesn't mean they ask you to leave, being trespassed is an act performed by the police after you refuse a request to leave. As stated it has to be verbal in washington, signs don't mean squat

  10. #10
    Regular Member Vitaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington
    Posts
    593
    gents the intent of the sign is clear, I understand the requirements in WA. I am glad for the clarity of their intentions towards firearms, not much need to waste time arguing with a manager or whomever or hoping to get a clear answer on a nonexistent actual written policy, such as at Costco.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Hardbuck90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobart, WA
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    LOL!!!!!

    There are thousands of better places to eat. Plus it's probably safer for the kids if they never step foot in CEC.
    Not to mention how dirty the ball pits and play sets are

  12. #12
    Regular Member Knowledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Everett, WA
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitaeus View Post
    hoping to get a clear answer on a nonexistent actual written policy, such as at Costco.
    Are you saying I can't carry in Costco? Just curious, haven't been OCing long.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    I sent the following to there corporate office


    It was recently brought to my attention that your stores are free victom zones (gun free zones)as I noticed you have no gaurds there to protect my family and I. We will be buying our pizza elsewhere. where I can protect them myself. If my gun isn't welcome neither is my money good luck in the future as I will be letting my freinds know of your policy.

    XXXXX XXXX XXXXXXX
    Please tell me you spell checked before you sent this to them.
    WTT: Glock 27 for Glock 26

  14. #14
    Regular Member michaelm_ski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clare , MICHIGAN
    Posts
    99

    Chucky Cheese

    Back when I lived in Detroit I worked for Chucky Cheese as a Security Guard and was armed as that was all the company I worked for supplied , and the only trouble I had was keeping kids under 18 out . I have never had the urge or desire to take my kids to one of their restaurants .

  15. #15
    Regular Member Hardbuck90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hobart, WA
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Are you saying I can't carry in Costco? Just curious, haven't been OCing long.
    Depends which one, but you may be asked to leave

  16. #16
    Regular Member Knowledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Everett, WA
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardbuck90 View Post
    Depends which one, but you may be asked to leave
    I'll be sure to thoroughly express my dissatisfaction if it occurs. Respectfully of course.

  17. #17
    Regular Member decklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pacific, WA
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    I'll be sure to thoroughly express my dissatisfaction if it occurs. Respectfully of course.
    This is why I no longer have a Costco membership. Sam's Club gets my money now.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

  18. #18
    Regular Member 1911er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Port Orchard Wa. /Granite Oklahoma
    Posts
    836
    Quote Originally Posted by badger54 View Post
    Please tell me you spell checked before you sent this to them.
    nope did not know I was that stupid
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

    DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

    I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

    All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

  19. #19
    Regular Member badkarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Duvall, Washington
    Posts
    330
    Then I have made some good choices. I always told my kids it was closed.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardbuck90 View Post
    Being trespassed doesn't mean they ask you to leave, being trespassed is an act performed by the police after you refuse a request to leave. As stated it has to be verbal in washington, signs don't mean squat
    it's used in that context by managers, security, and loss prevention all the time, semantics. If the manager says they are going to trespass someone it generally means they are going to ask you to leave and not come back.

  21. #21
    Regular Member Lammo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardbuck90 View Post
    Being trespassed doesn't mean they ask you to leave, being trespassed is an act performed by the police after you refuse a request to leave. As stated it has to be verbal in washington, signs don't mean squat
    To be "trespassed" is somewhat of a term of art in the world of businesses that are open to the general public. It means that you have been told to leave, or in the context of this discussion, at a minimum told to remove your firearm. If you return to the place after having been "trespassed" then you can be arrested for trespassing. The notice of trespass is likely going to have to be in writing for the arrest to go anywhere.

    I am not aware of any requirement that the notice of trespass be delivered by law enforcement. I have put at least one person in jail for burglary (entering and remaining unlawfully with intent to commit a crime therein) at a Safeway store that was open during normal business hours. They were trespassed in writing by the store manager for shoplifting and came back to shoplift again. I would be interested to know if CEC would let a firearm possessor back in after they secure the firearm outside in their vehicle or if their intent is to ban the person period.

    Thankfully my youngest doesn't want to go to CEC for her birthday this year so I won't have to worry about the answer either way. :-)
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

  22. #22
    Regular Member Lammo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    I'll be sure to thoroughly express my dissatisfaction if it occurs. Respectfully of course.
    Several threads in here discussing Costco's "policy" which no one can seem to find documentation of. Some posters report no issues, others have been asked to leave. A forum search for "Costco" will find lots of comments.
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

  23. #23
    Activist Member golddigger14s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lacey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Lammo View Post
    To be "trespassed" is somewhat of a term of art in the world of businesses that are open to the general public. It means that you have been told to leave, or in the context of this discussion, at a minimum told to remove your firearm. If you return to the place after having been "trespassed" then you can be arrested for trespassing. The notice of trespass is likely going to have to be in writing for the arrest to go anywhere.

    I am not aware of any requirement that the notice of trespass be delivered by law enforcement. I have put at least one person in jail for burglary (entering and remaining unlawfully with intent to commit a crime therein) at a Safeway store that was open during normal business hours. They were trespassed in writing by the store manager for shoplifting and came back to shoplift again. I would be interested to know if CEC would let a firearm possessor back in after they secure the firearm outside in their vehicle or if their intent is to ban the person period.

    Thankfully my youngest doesn't want to go to CEC for her birthday this year so I won't have to worry about the answer either way. :-)
    They will just ask you to secure it in your car, and come back. But I say again what normal human being wants to go to this place? BTW if you have a teenage daughter make sure she gets a job there. My daughter says that she has no desire to have kids after working there. Even though the biggest problems she has is with the "adults".
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

  24. #24
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Lammo View Post
    To be "trespassed" is somewhat of a term of art in the world of businesses that are open to the general public. It means that you have been told to leave, or in the context of this discussion, at a minimum told to remove your firearm. If you return to the place after having been "trespassed" then you can be arrested for trespassing. The notice of trespass is likely going to have to be in writing for the arrest to go anywhere.

    I am not aware of any requirement that the notice of trespass be delivered by law enforcement. I have put at least one person in jail for burglary (entering and remaining unlawfully with intent to commit a crime therein) at a Safeway store that was open during normal business hours. They were trespassed in writing by the store manager for shoplifting and came back to shoplift again. I would be interested to know if CEC would let a firearm possessor back in after they secure the firearm outside in their vehicle or if their intent is to ban the person period.

    Thankfully my youngest doesn't want to go to CEC for her birthday this year so I won't have to worry about the answer either way. :-)
    Techniques I have used in retail over the years includes taking a picture (Polaroid) and having a written notice to hand to the customer. Generally it was a preprinted business card in English and Spanish. Oftentimes the notice was delivered in front of another employee or LE.
    Live Free or Die!

  25. #25
    Regular Member Metalhead47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Whidbey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,812
    Chuck E. Cheese.

    Rolleyes.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •