Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chuck E Cheese

Chuck E Cheese

Finally found a company that makes it very clear their position on firearms.

"No firearms allowed. Possession of a firearm will result in being trespassed"

This is much clearer than the ghostbuster sign with a firearm in it or a random citation of the RCW's. Don't necessarily agree on the declaration of a victim zone, but I appreciate the clarity.

Chuck E. Cheese is one place you really should have a weapon to protect yourself, given the pandemic of thug violence that has taken place at its stores in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    Chuck E. Cheese is one place you really should have a weapon to protect yourself, given the pandemic of thug violence that has taken place at its stores in recent years.

That must mean I will never ever have to enter one again. There is a g-d!
    Last edited by sst0185; 03-08-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitaeus View Post
    Finally found a company that makes it very clear their position on firearms.

"No firearms allowed. Possession of a firearm will result in being trespassed"

This is much clearer than the ghostbuster sign with a firearm in it or a random citation of the RCW's. Don't necessarily agree on the declaration of a victim zone, but I appreciate the clarity.
    Their intention may be clear, but their understanding of the law is not. They can not have you charged with tresspassing, unless they verbally tell you to leave, and you refuse. Posting a sign does not mean squat in WA. "No habla Inglase"

Start eating at Pizza Hut

I sent the following to there corporate office

It was recently brought to my attention that your stores are free victom zones (gun free zones)as I noticed you have no gaurds there to protect my family and I. We will be buying our pizza elsewhere. where I can protect them myself. If my gun isn't welcome neither is my money good luck in the future as I will be letting my freinds know of your policy.

XXXXX XXXX XXXXXXX
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    Their intention may be clear, but their understanding of the law is not. They can not have you charged with tresspassing, unless they verbally tell you to leave, and you refuse. Posting a sign does not mean squat in WA. "No habla Inglase"
    Doesn't say you will be charged, says you will be trespassed, meaning they will ask you to leave.

My daughter has the distinct pleasure of working at CEC in Olympia. In the employee training they are taught to ask even CCer's to leave if they accidentally make it visable. CEC is not only a GFZ, but an edible food free zone. For those that have not been in one, trust me you are not missing anything. The only reason to have a gun at CEC is to shoot yourself for even thinking about going in the place.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    SNIP The only reason to have a gun at CEC is to shoot yourself for even thinking about going in the place.
    LOL!!!!!

There are thousands of better places to eat. Plus it's probably safer for the kids if they never step foot in CEC.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...ire&id=7940526

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...#39;s-20120116
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by 5918mike View Post
    Doesn't say you will be charged, says you will be trespassed, meaning they will ask you to leave.
    Being trespassed doesn't mean they ask you to leave, being trespassed is an act performed by the police after you refuse a request to leave. As stated it has to be verbal in washington, signs don't mean squat

gents the intent of the sign is clear, I understand the requirements in WA. I am glad for the clarity of their intentions towards firearms, not much need to waste time arguing with a manager or whomever or hoping to get a clear answer on a nonexistent actual written policy, such as at Costco.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    LOL!!!!!

There are thousands of better places to eat. Plus it's probably safer for the kids if they never step foot in CEC.
    Not to mention how dirty the ball pits and play sets are

Quote Originally Posted by Vitaeus View Post
    hoping to get a clear answer on a nonexistent actual written policy, such as at Costco.
    Are you saying I can't carry in Costco? Just curious, haven't been OCing long.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911er View Post
    I sent the following to there corporate office

It was recently brought to my attention that your stores are free victom zones (gun free zones)as I noticed you have no gaurds there to protect my family and I. We will be buying our pizza elsewhere. where I can protect them myself. If my gun isn't welcome neither is my money good luck in the future as I will be letting my freinds know of your policy.

XXXXX XXXX XXXXXXX
    Please tell me you spell checked before you sent this to them.
    WTT: Glock 27 for Glock 26

Chucky Cheese

Back when I lived in Detroit I worked for Chucky Cheese as a Security Guard and was armed as that was all the company I worked for supplied , and the only trouble I had was keeping kids under 18 out . I have never had the urge or desire to take my kids to one of their restaurants .

Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Are you saying I can't carry in Costco? Just curious, haven't been OCing long.
    Depends which one, but you may be asked to leave

Quote Originally Posted by Hardbuck90 View Post
    Depends which one, but you may be asked to leave
    I'll be sure to thoroughly express my dissatisfaction if it occurs. Respectfully of course.

I'll be sure to thoroughly express my dissatisfaction if it occurs. Respectfully of course.
    This is why I no longer have a Costco membership. Sam's Club gets my money now.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Quote Originally Posted by badger54 View Post
    Please tell me you spell checked before you sent this to them.
    nope did not know I was that stupid
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

Then I have made some good choices. I always told my kids it was closed.

Being trespassed doesn't mean they ask you to leave, being trespassed is an act performed by the police after you refuse a request to leave. As stated it has to be verbal in washington, signs don't mean squat
    it's used in that context by managers, security, and loss prevention all the time, semantics. If the manager says they are going to trespass someone it generally means they are going to ask you to leave and not come back.

To be "trespassed" is somewhat of a term of art in the world of businesses that are open to the general public. It means that you have been told to leave, or in the context of this discussion, at a minimum told to remove your firearm. If you return to the place after having been "trespassed" then you can be arrested for trespassing. The notice of trespass is likely going to have to be in writing for the arrest to go anywhere.

I am not aware of any requirement that the notice of trespass be delivered by law enforcement. I have put at least one person in jail for burglary (entering and remaining unlawfully with intent to commit a crime therein) at a Safeway store that was open during normal business hours. They were trespassed in writing by the store manager for shoplifting and came back to shoplift again. I would be interested to know if CEC would let a firearm possessor back in after they secure the firearm outside in their vehicle or if their intent is to ban the person period.

Thankfully my youngest doesn't want to go to CEC for her birthday this year so I won't have to worry about the answer either way. :-)
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

Several threads in here discussing Costco's "policy" which no one can seem to find documentation of. Some posters report no issues, others have been asked to leave. A forum search for "Costco" will find lots of comments.
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

Quote Originally Posted by Lammo View Post
    To be "trespassed" is somewhat of a term of art in the world of businesses that are open to the general public. It means that you have been told to leave, or in the context of this discussion, at a minimum told to remove your firearm. If you return to the place after having been "trespassed" then you can be arrested for trespassing. The notice of trespass is likely going to have to be in writing for the arrest to go anywhere.

I am not aware of any requirement that the notice of trespass be delivered by law enforcement. I have put at least one person in jail for burglary (entering and remaining unlawfully with intent to commit a crime therein) at a Safeway store that was open during normal business hours. They were trespassed in writing by the store manager for shoplifting and came back to shoplift again. I would be interested to know if CEC would let a firearm possessor back in after they secure the firearm outside in their vehicle or if their intent is to ban the person period.

Thankfully my youngest doesn't want to go to CEC for her birthday this year so I won't have to worry about the answer either way. :-)
    They will just ask you to secure it in your car, and come back. But I say again what normal human being wants to go to this place? BTW if you have a teenage daughter make sure she gets a job there. My daughter says that she has no desire to have kids after working there. Even though the biggest problems she has is with the "adults".
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lammo View Post

Techniques I have used in retail over the years includes taking a picture (Polaroid) and having a written notice to hand to the customer. Generally it was a preprinted business card in English and Spanish. Oftentimes the notice was delivered in front of another employee or LE.
    Live Free or Die!

Chuck E. Cheese.

Rolleyes.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast