• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chuck E Cheese

Lammo

Being trespassed doesn't mean they ask you to leave, being trespassed is an act performed by the police after you refuse a request to leave. As stated it has to be verbal in washington, signs don't mean squat

To be "trespassed" is somewhat of a term of art in the world of businesses that are open to the general public. It means that you have been told to leave, or in the context of this discussion, at a minimum told to remove your firearm. If you return to the place after having been "trespassed" then you can be arrested for trespassing. The notice of trespass is likely going to have to be in writing for the arrest to go anywhere.

I am not aware of any requirement that the notice of trespass be delivered by law enforcement. I have put at least one person in jail for burglary (entering and remaining unlawfully with intent to commit a crime therein) at a Safeway store that was open during normal business hours. They were trespassed in writing by the store manager for shoplifting and came back to shoplift again. I would be interested to know if CEC would let a firearm possessor back in after they secure the firearm outside in their vehicle or if their intent is to ban the person period.

Thankfully my youngest doesn't want to go to CEC for her birthday this year so I won't have to worry about the answer either way. :)

Lammo

I'll be sure to thoroughly express my dissatisfaction if it occurs. Respectfully of course.

Several threads in here discussing Costco's "policy" which no one can seem to find documentation of. Some posters report no issues, others have been asked to leave. A forum search for "Costco" will find lots of comments.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
To be "trespassed" is somewhat of a term of art in the world of businesses that are open to the general public. It means that you have been told to leave, or in the context of this discussion, at a minimum told to remove your firearm. If you return to the place after having been "trespassed" then you can be arrested for trespassing. The notice of trespass is likely going to have to be in writing for the arrest to go anywhere.

I am not aware of any requirement that the notice of trespass be delivered by law enforcement. I have put at least one person in jail for burglary (entering and remaining unlawfully with intent to commit a crime therein) at a Safeway store that was open during normal business hours. They were trespassed in writing by the store manager for shoplifting and came back to shoplift again. I would be interested to know if CEC would let a firearm possessor back in after they secure the firearm outside in their vehicle or if their intent is to ban the person period.

Thankfully my youngest doesn't want to go to CEC for her birthday this year so I won't have to worry about the answer either way. :)
They will just ask you to secure it in your car, and come back. But I say again what normal human being wants to go to this place? BTW if you have a teenage daughter make sure she gets a job there. My daughter says that she has no desire to have kids after working there. Even though the biggest problems she has is with the "adults".

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

Techniques I have used in retail over the years includes taking a picture (Polaroid) and having a written notice to hand to the customer. Generally it was a preprinted business card in English and Spanish. Oftentimes the notice was delivered in front of another employee or LE.

Lammo

Aha! New approach to Population Control. Mandatory employment for teenagers at CEC. Might even slip by religious prohibitions against using birth control.

Not sure if this organization has a Spokane chapter but if it doesn't I'm going to have to start one soon:

Attachments

• DADD.jpg
    DADD.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 169

hermannr

We had 5 daughters, all long married and on their own, getting ready for oldest grand-daughter to marry...but I think her dad belongs to that organization :)...interesting shirt.

CrimsonSoul

I know this is the Washington thread but all CECs in Texas are 30.06 posted which makes it illegal to CC (only cc legal here) inside of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tombrewster421

I have OC in the Lacey, WA Costco before. Get lots of looks but haven't had an encounter yet.

That's the only location I've had issues at. Keep OCing and don't be too surprised if the manager talks to you. He says he's not anti gun, after all he's from Alaska and had guns when he lived there.😏

"I support the Second Amendmant.... But..."
Mayor Bloomberg