• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another new guy just saying hello!

kanekutter05

Hello everyone! It is very encouraging to see so many people that support our rights and exercise them regularly.

I am new to this forum have been feverishly researching all of the CC and OC laws for Colorado. I am looking forward until the time that I can afford to get my CCW permit...but until then I am quite happy to be able to OC. And if anyone knows of any OC get togethers or events in the Denver Metro area let me know!

Good to meet you all and I look forward to contributing here!

Last edited:

ZackL

Welcome to the forum! OC is nice and comfortable compared to CC and there are sooooo many different options.

Keens

Welcome to the forum! You will find a wealth of information on here. Keep checking back on the CO thread for Meet and Greets and we should be having some soon with spring and summer just around the corner!

since9

Campaign Veteran
Welcome to OCDO! I think you'll like it here.

I am new to this forum have been feverishly researching all of the CC and OC laws for Colorado.

I've been trying to simplify them by way of parameter. My best attempt isn't 100%, but it'll keep you out of trouble:

1. CC with your license everywhere except:
a. City buildings which screen with metal detectors at all entrances.
b. On K-12 school property
c. In private businesses where it's posted "No Firearms."

2. OC everywhere except the above and:
a. Within 1,000' of the edge of K-12 school property
b. In private business where it's posted "No Openly Carried Firearms," "No Public Display of Firearms," or similar.
c. On public transportation, including bus and rail.
d. Anywhere within the boundaries of Denver / Denver County.

Last edited:

O2HeN2

A very good, concise list since9! But may I suggest a tweak to 2a and 2b:

2. OC everywhere except the above and:
a. Within 1,000' of the edge of K-12 school property (unless you have a CC license)
b. Where it's posted "No Openly Carried Firearms," "No Public Display of Firearms," or similar.

a: Because the CC license makes you "legal" withing 1000'.
b: drop "In private business" because of the "No open carry" signs on many public buildings in Colorado Springs.

O2

Last edited: