• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Northern Nevada Meet and Eat

FallonJeeper

Time again to put on another get together. Do we want to do this in Fallon again, or choose another location. We also want to invite the Reno Carson, Sparks, Virginia City.... folks. I'm proposing a Saturday morning @ Jerry's in Fallon.

Jim

Mike In Reno

im game, Its hard for me to keep up on these, Im in school mon-thur, and thur-sun i work so my schedule is crazy and not to mention im active on 5 other forums., but spring break starts on the 15th till the 26th for me, so im game.

Rollbar

Sat morning is fine w/me. I have to do a wedding that day/etc. So it will have to be no later than 8:30am (for me anyway).

FallonJeeper

How about the 23rd dinner (Friday) or 24th breakfast(Saturday)?

I have a conflict this Friday and Saturday.

Last edited:

Rollbar

How bout the 24th (Saturday Morn) and then we head to the range. Not sure if I have my Glock by then.

Rollbar

Title: Steel Rev Only Fallon
Start Time: 09:00 AM
Duration: 06 hour(s) 00 minutes(s)
Category: Fun Event

Other Information: Revolvers Only match including Single Action Revolver Division. Sign up 8:00 am to 8:55 am. For further information contact: Dennis Rechel (775) 427-3086

The link doesn't show that they will be in Fallon on the 24th. But their calendar does. So I guess we can't use the steel plates. Everyone would have to bring their own targets.

Rollbar

I'll go and watch the shoot since I don't have a revolver. I also went and did the officers safety class for SFA. Getting over a cold so I should be ok. :shocker:

Rollbar

Even if not Jim we can still have some fun :)

Might be picking up my Glock this week :p

Rollbar

No worries, we can still go shoot if you want, or watch some of the match, then shoot. Up to U.

varminter22

I'm all for a 7:00 a.m. meet/eat at Jerry's on Sat, March 24.

Kinda early for anyone coming from Reno/Sparks/Carson City/etc. But what the heck, bring revolvers and shoot in the steel plate match! The match will be steel plates at about 12 to 15 yards and centerfire double action revolvers. Will have a special division for single action revolvers too!

Or just be a spectator - and/or go shoot on the rifle range or in one of the six shooting bays.

Also, Sunday, March 25, will be a rimfire/steel plate match. These are a bunch of fun! Includes divisions for single action revolvers and rifles. See: http://www.stillwaterfirearms.org/Pages/Rimfire.php

P. S.

Don't have to be an SFA member to shoot in our matches that are open to the public.

And SFA members can host guests at other times. (Of course, join us if ya like!)

Rollbar

I'll be bringing an application for me and my wife. I can give them to Larry with dues.

SWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt.

P.S. Sat the 31st is a steel shooting match so come to that and shoot w/us.

PaDutchin Nv

This is the type of get together I was looking for...but yow...early. I live and work on a vampire like schedule. (No, I don't go poof...when exposed to sunlight.) :D This will be a tough one. I haven't done a marathon day in awhile. No promises.

However. I would like to get my refit 91/30 Mosin Nagant sighted for 100 yds and beyond. That might make the autopilot work better.

If all goes well...I'll see you all on Saturday morn. Jerry's @ 7 or 8AM?????

Mark